Golf Thread

Got fucking drowned this evening bringing two lads out who live up the country, was rushing away to take training and walked in from the twelfth, literally the farthest point from the car park on the course. Match was won already at that stage anyhow, then they came in off 14. I wouldn’t have bothered my arse only a member has to be with a guest still. Heading for Doonbeg in the morning with them, trying to dry out all the gear now. Could be a long morning

1 Like

And theres absolutely nowhere to hide on the links.

I’m half afraid to look at the forecast

An auld lad dropped me up vegetables today and hes auld stock and a man of few words.

Thunder tomorrow. And hes rarely wrong

Cork can thunder away if I get a calm day up here

Better run of weather today, place is in great nick

5 Likes

Aim for the beach

1 Like

Looks beautiful…

@Raylan how did it go?

I’m playing in society captains prize in deer park there in an hour. Looks like the heavens are going to open

Got away with it weather-wise, couple of showers but twas grand. Got tired on the back nine and the scoring petered out but enjoyed it all the same.

1 Like

Slow play & fucking 4 balls on a busy Saturday morning. Fucking cunts.

One negative of all these new members, no etiquette at all.

4 balls are a pure cod.

3 balls only any day with a competition in my place i.e Thurs thru Sunday

Got around in three hours earlier

If they want to make golf appealing to the younger man/fellas with kids etc then 4 balls need to be banned for good. Unless maybe for a scramble. It is just too long a day over a short weekend

Fuckin can’t stand them. I always play better the less players as my game seems to prefer a quicker time between shots. Waiting around half the day or looking for other fellas golf balls and I just go to shite then myself

2 Likes

Agreed. Played Friday in a two ball as a fella dropped out and there was two two balls in front of us it was unreal. Teed off at 4 and was home for 7! We were lifting

4 & 1/2 hrs.

4 ball okay but not early in mornings, afternoons ok.

Hard to get a rhythm constantly waiting over shots.

That’s carnage. It’s 4 hours minimum with a 4 ball. Fuck that

The wankers had let the group in front through but not so accommodating for us.

We passed the group they let through and they heading down the 17th & we waiting like flutes on the 14th tee box

Sounds more like they passed ye Har

Edit

Just play 9 holes lads. It’s the way forward

1 Like