Golf Thread

Less loft?

I have a cobra hybrid 3 iron. A weapon. Great out of the rough. Tend not to get the same height from fairway. Only thing with it is it is hard to use in wetter grass.

1 Like

If I’m in wet grass I take more loft and just get it out. It snags the hozzle and it’s almost impossible to dig it out unless you can swing at 110mph with an iron

I have the same one.

1 Like

No, just hitting the ball on the sweet spot. As I said a lot more focused since I started using them. Would hit my pw 155.ive nothing lower than a 4 iron in my bag

Baysht

1 Like

Can’t hit a wood to save my life

I play with a fella like that. Hits his 9 iron about 170 but cant hit a wood or a driver.

Just throws down the ball, no tee and hits a 2 iron about 250.

Eh if you can hit the PW 155 I’d say you don’t need much more club than the 4!

No wonder your knee was banjaxed!

1 Like

We got some day for ceann Sibeil. Blazing hot and only a puff of a breeze. Links golf is serious business

3 Likes

We played kilkee today and the breeze was savage.No matter what way you went the breeze was into your face :grinning:

1 Like

They say you’re supposed to swing easy into the wind but I stick out the tongue and go max power.

I was tipping along lovely today. 18 points for the front. Had two wobble holes on the back, two bad scratches in a row and recovered for 15. 33 total. The greens were brilliant. Double breakers up and down hills.

I only managed 28 myself. Lost a couple of balls on the front 9.First time I’ve played kilkee. The front 9 are more links like compared to then back

When I played golf I was deadly with the woods, fairway woods in particular, my old fella had savage strong wrists and rarely used the woods at all, he’d hit a 5 iron off the tee as far as I could hit a 3 wood, not that he used a tee.

Great scoring :clap:

3 Likes

Mahonys point?

So I hit rock bottom with the putting about a month ago. I had nearly 50 putts one night.

Got the fat grip and bought a 12 foot putting mat for the office. I spend hours a day on con calls so I’d say I hit 150-200 putts a day.

Had 34 putts last night. Some difference

2 Likes

Yeah, I think that’s the 16th. I could have taken a photo of every hole.

If I were you I’d give up whatever “work” you’re at and go bald-headed at the golf…

Knocking in 150/200 putts a day while working. Funny shit in this golf thread… :sweat_smile:

1 Like