Golf Thread

I wouldnt knock them ALL in Boxty I’m not a pro

1 Like

Just battering them getting feel or whats your thought process

Just repetition with the stroke really. I use lego blocks to make sure the putts are starting on the right line and just work on the pace then

Being comfortable with the putts does wonders for rest of game… Knowing most likely nó more than 2 strokes on green means less risky efforts getting it close with irons

1 Like

How do you work on pace? I’m just in from trying something I read on a forum, some lad had said the best lag putter he played with set up as normal them looked at the hole and didn’t take his eyes off it through the stroke. Tried it there and hit a few brilliant efforts. Will try it in a round Monday

1 Like

I don’t have a plan barring hit to the hole, hit past the hole, hit some short… and am no man to be giving lessons… But I guess I know fairly consistently what a foot back and 2 forward in the stroke will do on the base surface i.e. The putting mat and adjust for that based on actual conditions

That approach to lag putts sounds like a serious mindfuck :joy:

1 Like

My driving and putting are grand,I can 2 putt handy enough. It’s the bits between the tee box and the greens that kill me :grinning:

I feel your pain. From about 50 yards in I have two shots… Nudge the rescue club in like a putter or hit the gap wedge as high as I can and hope for the best… Any form of a bump and run is beyond me

The hybrid is your only man if your long irons are cack

I could play a round with just the driver,hybrid, pitching wedge and putter these days

I’m afraid of my pitching wedge I’d do without that as well

Played an open in Ballyliffin today. One of the more enjoyable rounds I put down. Stunning course and scenery. Plays more like a Scottish links course. 36 points with 3 scratches and a few lost golf balls. Weather was glorious.

8 Likes

How much?

That’s good going

1 Like

Jesus @johnnysachs that looks ckass

1 Like

Was it the new or the old? Two super courses.

€40 for the old and €80 for Glashedy. I played the old. Much fairer and more enjoyable. There is nothing between the 2 in terms of overall experience.

1 Like

Yeah the old is Hackett designed. Like all his courses he never moves much earth and let’s the course run through the land as it was meant to be. The Glashedy is much more difficult. Loads of fairway pot bunkers and if you hit it in the rough forget about it. Rough Is thin and whispy in the old and is my want I can hit it in the rough at ease. Spectacular setting. Would loved to have played 36 today but that’s all my brownie points used up for this week.

I’ve an invite to Powerscourt later in the week, anyone been/played it recently?

I played the West last summer, decent but nothing special. I think the east is supposed to be a much better experience.

1 Like

I played them a few years back. I had a great day on the New course.
I played the old course in a storm. I joined up with a few lads for a local soccer club classic. We were burning it up. Out arrives an organiser to tell us on the 7th hole that the competition was cancelled due to a low turnout. One of the lads on the team was the GC captain. He was livid and gave the rest of the day apologising to me.
A few weeks later the post arrives and with it a fourball voucher. Nice touch.

1 Like

Any value in this chaps ?