Golf Thread

Ah I’m jealous. Played Dooks a few times and its driver friendly. Not too many blind shots and generous landing areas so dont hold back. Some of par 4s are lengthy enough so you’d be leaving yourself with plenty of work to do without one. Rough is wispy enough too so if you stray into it it’s not too penal unlike Doonbeg or Ballybunion. Best views on property are probably on the par 5 6th green. Hope you get the weather.

4 Likes

Forecast is for a few showers but fingers crossed it’ll be half-decent

20 of us down for the two days, six of the lads played in Tralee today as guests, got it for half-nothing and they’re coming up to us in a while. That’s a partnership to keep going.

1 Like

6 Likes

There’s a Par 3 on the second or third hole that’s pretty scenic

Yeah I think that’s the 4th actually. Elevated tee box. Any crosswinds make that green a very hard hit. 3rd is a blind tee shot par 4 that dog legs right. 2nd is a shortish par 4.

1 Like

Course looks in great condition. Ye have a fine day for it. Scoring should be good today. No excuses.

3 years since I played it, I knew it was early on in the first 9

Twas stiff enough, I started off shite so wasn’t in the running but 35pts off 12 is leading our group. I think the prevailing wind had switched round today cos some of the high index holes were playing very tough back into the wind. Gorgeous spot though, would recommend highly to anyone that hasn’t played it.

4 Likes

Played the Dooks about 15 years ago. I loved it. I didn’t find it too difficult. They gave us small mats to carry around with us and we had to play all our fairway shots from them.

1 Like

It’s about 600quid a year to be a member there. I know a couple of lads who are members there as well as local. A great club. Because it’s such a nice course and a handy walk they get plenty “course exchanges” so they get a day in tralee or Ballybunion or somewhere a few times a year. A nice perk. Buy a holiday home in Glenbeigh you’d get fair value for the 600 a year!

1 Like

Keeping up with the O’Sullivans :roll_eyes:

Its 2k to shake hands as well

Finally starting to come right after a frustrating summer.

Gone out to 20 but scored 34pts today with no stupid scratches but still left a few out there through poor decision making. Wind was testing on all the wrong holes but played the percentages for a change as opposed to acting the hero.

No 3 putts either but my irons still need addressing. All in all improvement thank god at last.

Still a cunt of a game mind.

7 Likes

I played yday and today. Same score both days. 5 scratches yday and none today :man_shrugging:

I’d 7 pars yday and parred the first today and no more

Yesterday was more enjoyable. Banging around playing solid steady bogey golf loses its charm quick

2 Likes

Had made great progress with my putting recently. Played with a fella last week and after I three putted the 2nd he says to me “fuckit you an awful putting stroke il give you a simple tip to fix it when we are finished but work away for now” :dizzy_face::dizzy_face::dizzy_face::dizzy_face::dizzy_face::dizzy_face::dizzy_face::dizzy_face::dizzy_face::dizzy_face:

I’m in the horrors since

This place is magnificent :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Fuck but I really miss hitting a few balls… Lad I know who had a knee replacement told me he had to change his game completely when he went back play… God knows what I’ll be like when it happens

Castletroy lads, tough?

Not especially, tight enough driving course at the same time

1 Like

Handy out . Not long. No real hazards. Greens can be fast and have a bit of slope

1 Like