Golf Thread

Local farmer.

We needed a full lockdown

Any good recommendations of places to get second hand irons? Birr Golf Club has a decent golf shop and are sound to deal with from previous experiences.

Deisegolf usually have a good selection.

are you a southpaw?

No mate

look at golfbidder.

I was looking at it alright. They are UK based and was wondering would there be extra charged because of Brexit?

fuck it i didn’t even think of that. Best bet would be to ask them I suppose.

Did you ever get fitted? I’d say go to a fitter and get a spec for irons. Lie, Length, Shaft, head etc and then look online to get as close to that spec as possible in second hand.

1 Like

https://www.golfmarket.ie/used-golf-products/used-right-handed-clubs/iron-sets/stiff-shaft-4/mizuno-mp-64-iron-set-4-pw-detail.html

:drooling_face:

1 Like

I doubt there’s any chance of being fitted these days.

I’d be looking to spend 3 to 400 on them. Don’t think I will buy online as would like the chance to hit a few balls with them first

Would many here buy brand new irons? 1000 notes or more seems a lot to be spending

You get what you pay for. I had a similar budget to you in mind when buying a set of Wilson irons but they were crap and speed slot fell out of the back of the 5 and 7 irons. I used hit a few balls with them in the driving range but still they should have held up longer than they did. Then I spent around €850 on P790 irons last summer and they are quality. Playing better with them. More accuracy and I should get a good few years out of them. You are better off investing the golf budget on irons as opposed to a new driver or putter or even wedges.

I bought mine new 3 years ago and they are absolutely perfect. You never pay the grand. I went for a fitting and ended up getting them for about 700 with haggling and trading in my own which were worth fuck all.

I’d have had no problem buying second hand before I got fitted but since getting fitted for lie and shaft length and flex, it’s made some difference to ball striking. I couldn’t just pick up a set off the shelf

How much to get fitted ?I’ve been meaning to get it done but there’s always something more pressing to spend the money on,I’ve a nice set of Mizunos I picked up second hand but I think they’re too long for me

I’ll sell you a grand set of Ping Eye 2 irons for 400 mate :joy:

I did it with Ronan Collins up in Fota - an absolute gentleman and won’t push a brand on you like a lot of fitters. It’s 60 euro for a full bag anyway and it’s done within an hour.

You can do it outside too, which I’d absolutely recommend - the cunts in places like American Golf will tweak the trackman to try sell you a set of clubs.

1 Like

Where are you based?

If you want to buy a set and hit a few when you need a good on site Golf Shop at a club or a Driving Range like the one just outside Cashel.

1 Like