Golf Thread

Looks like Harbourtown.

2 Likes

That’s how I started. Play 3 times a week and practice your chipping and putting, you’ll drop 5 shots by Christmas.

Played 9 this evening… Was delighted with myself🙈4 over which included a 5 on a par 3

2 Likes

I was well able to play once upon a time a long long time ago but stopped playing for some reason I can’t even remember.

I had 11 point on the front 9 the other night in an ambulance and had 21 on back 9 incl a scratch… My chipping is decent and driving is grand. Just long irons I end up topping or shanking 3 or 4 a round that ends up in a scratch…

1 Like

Second shots with a 5/6 iron are so hard. The 7 iron is your friend!

1 Like

most lads like us shouldn’t even think about hitting anything longer than a 6 to be honest. rescue for anything over 180 yards

2 Likes

Palmerstown House today, lovely track. Some great par 5s in it.

4 Likes

Relentless track

You’re some cunt of a man for continually sickening my shit on this thread.

1 Like

You need to mute the thread for a couple of days so :wink:

2 Likes

Ye can’t spend all yer lives working lads #zen

cc @Thomas_Brady @carryharry

8 Likes

I hope you get soaked

is that Ceann Sibeil?

When I played a bit, I was unusual in that I loved to hit a 5, and would often hit the 4 quite well. Had a 5 wood in the bag, which I was shite enough with. Had a rescue job which was hit and miss.
Then again if you couldn’t hit a good shot with one of these bad boys, you might as well give up.

Ping_Eye_2_iron

Some view

would you believe i found a left handed set of these at home only a couple of weeks ago.

They are the Mourne mountains. Slieve Donard is dark red brick building to the right of white stakes.
The beautiful town of Newcastle in the distance.

@raylan If you are looking for a pint with a nice view later head down to the Harbour Inn on Kilkeel road. Do very nice food as well.

2 Likes

Yeah, I was guessing Royal County Down? Haven’t been on the course but have been at Murlough and the view was familiar.

1 Like

They’re the only irons I’ve ever used

Yeah I was up there a few weeks ago and would like to have played it but missed out on the offer and it would have cost £250 before you would pay for a caddy. We played Ardglass instead which was a very nice track with splendid views without the manicured greens and fairways. Was good value for £50 though.