Golf Thread

East. I’d never played it before but really enjoyed it. Fairways were fair - I’m a high handicapper and didn’t lose a ball the whole round which must be some record for me. Greens were in great condition - pretty fast though and plenty of undulations. Lots of interesting holes. Made for a great day (along with the unexpected sunshine). I’d def go back

1 Like

My cousin in Canada’s daughter got her first ace at the weekend. 16 years old. 7 iron from 131 yards :clap:

It took her grandfather 25 years of playing before he got one.

1 Like

No good for winter golfing conditions?

no you’d want a winter shoe as well

They have winter shoes online as well

1 Like

70 quid for waterproof ones

I have a classic pair of winter shoes which I’ve worn for 7 years, getting worn now but I’ve never had sore feet after them.

Anyone who hasn’t played Mount Juliet, go do it ASAP.

Beautiful track :clap::clap:

3 Likes

Harry that pair I threw up there a month ago are perfect for both summer and winter

1 Like

Loved this place

3 Likes

@johnnysachs looking back on this thread you appear to have played glashedy Portstewart and portrush

I can play all three over 3 days in a few weeks. Worth it? How difficult for an average golfer

Haven’t played Portstewart but the other two are playable, I’d be in like Flynn if I had the chance to do that trip

1 Like

I’d 27 pts in glashedy today in 30km wind
120 golfers played it in this NW challenge and none played to theor hcap

Portrush tomorrow

8 Likes

I had 11 (eleven) pints of Guinness last night. When I got the first green I thought I had the shakes but it was the wind blowing the ball

2 Likes

You sow :confounded:

1 Like

I’d 8 tonight i just got into bed. I’d say Iv as many pints drank the last 2 nights as I have in 2 years

6 Likes

27 is fine shooting

It was if it was that windy.

I don’t mind the wind myself

Living the dream mate. What you playing off?

21 pts today and delighted with it. Unbelivable course. Wind was ridiculous way too tough for a hacker like me

The par 3 “calamity” is the hardest par 3 Iv seen. I hit driver and ended up short of it in the shit

1 Like