Golf Thread

Is that just lack of concentration, head coming up too soon… I’m expecting a lot of that tomorrow

One of the lads who’s a good judge says it happens when I get too quick from the top

1 Like

Isn’t that closed now?

I thought that not sure

The best thing I did ( as a 18 handicap player ) was learn to connect with less muscle rather than busting the ball.

If that means an extra club and a softer swing it just suits my game better.
Putting kinda the opposite from a pace perspective, take the time to read the putt but once over it get on with it.

2 Likes

First 18 played this eve, seriously enjoyed it even if I forget to bring my cart🙈I haven’t carried my clubs in years. Shot 80 so was happy enough… Lovely evening for it

5 Likes

Good shooting buddy.

1 Like

I see Old Head are running some open competitions this summer. I think 1 of them is booked up but you can get a GUI rate of €90 and if you are non GUI you can get around for €130. I would never normally pay more than €100 for a round of golf unless it was Augusta. If there is somewhere I wanted to play I would avail of a twilight or early bird rate. But that seems like good value considering how much green fees are normally.

Bring a load of golf balls if you’re playing it.

Played some match last night. Foursomes. Up and down all match. Birdies flying in all over the place.

A/S going up the last. My partner bombed one down the middle. I opened the shoulders and went about 150 yards out of bounds. The two other lads were blocked out.

Jigs and reels one of the cunts hits an impossible 7 iron around trees to within 6 foot for bird.

I can see the gas going out of my boy. 130 yards middle of the fairway. Pressure on. Chunked it. Front edge, tough chip. Walks up, almost drains the chip, gimme par.

Tonto steps up, 6 foot for bird. Myself and my boy start the sledging. Its fast, plenty of break. Don’t be shy. He had to back off it.

He rolled a beauty, sneaked in the side door.

What a game, the slagging was unreal. Fellas were blowing gaskets for the last 3 holes. I blew mine on the last.

2 Likes

Been that soldier :man_facepalming:

I was screaming fore almost half way down my forward swing.

Kilkenny win

2 Likes

Money in the bank

1 Like

Was fairly happy with my game last night for first time since I came back. Striking ball much better. Had a couple of eagle and few birdie opportunities. Finished with 2 birdies and quite a few pars. Had 32 points after 15 holes. Had a couple of scratches too which took the gloss off a bit and that I need to eradicate from the game. They always seem to occur on the same holes as well.

2 Likes

I was fairly happy with my game until @Locke birdied the first for a net eagle and me giving him shots. Well done @Locke.

Like Limerick and Kilkenny last year you went into an early lead and I filled my togs

3 Likes

The four lads from Cobh leaving us through on the first tee and @EstebanSexface filling his expensive golf pants before his drive was the highlight of the 9 holes. The birdie on that hole was the cherry on top.

3 Likes

Clane down the middle. Maybe they should have followed me round

1 Like

It was a great shot alright, put the pressure right back on me. The fact I out drove you while getting a better angle than you is incidental
#bandit #lessonlearnt

1 Like

Sounds as exciting as a game of golf.