Golf Thread

The fact you almost duck hooked it and got away with murder is also incidental

1 Like

Had my first post pandemic outing yesterday,one birdie about 7 pars and hit my best drive in years,pinged it. Mad to get at it again. @Raylan the green fee voucher for lahinch still hasn’t arrived mate might want to FedEx it.

4 Likes

Jordan Spieth seems to be back in form. Could have timed it well for a run at the majors.

Haha I was banging this drum for a while :joy:

I was readin early from tea to green he was 190th out of 210 players over the last 18 months but this week so far he’s 8th overall. Obviously a small sample size.

Yea he is still 40-1 for the USPGA and US open. Could be a bit of value there. 28-1 for masters. Those prices might not last. He looks like 2015 Spieth at the moment.

2 Likes

Is it only the Open that’s being cancelled this year? Masters is November when is the US Open and PGA? This should have been US Open weekend.

Yes just the open. Masters is last in the calendar. US open is Middle of Sept I think and USPGA holds its original spot at start of August.

1 Like

If he was 240 to 1 you should still leave your money in your pocket

Just in from it now, was a bit all over the shop early on but kept scraping halves, we got on top back nine, four pars in the last six but couldn’t get a birdie putt to drop. We’re all waiting to see what the craic will be with getting guests out this year, they won’t be getting €215 off the paddies anyway

1 Like

Any chance of JP doing us a favor and reducing the price

What’s the sub?

900 with a hundred on the bar tab. Decent value for two courses imo

1 Like

Jaysus that’s unrale,compare that to some places in Dublin and Kildare where you’ll pay 1600 for fuck all. Membership must be very restricted I take it,is there a local rule

Ah different story getting in alright, think it’s 5k entry fee if you’re joining where your spouse/family are already members, it’s into five figures if you’ve no family connections afaik.

That’s common in Dublin sure for very average courses, when I last checked 5k entry to the likes of newlands (average as fuck) 12k into Grange and castle if you could get in and they are nothing special. I’ve always wanted to go to carton house 2.5k a year for the two courses but couldn’t justify it

Druids Heath is €700 for 5 day. Best value in Greater Dublin Area.

Would you know a fella from west limerick that does caddying for the yanks?

It’s plenty for a cabbage patch

1 Like

Not off the top of my head now, has he a place up here?