Golf Thread

63 from rory today and Spieth up there too.

Be hard watch that Sunday if it’s the both of them and you trying to root for someone

I’ve never taken a membership anywhere, was thinking about getting one there it’s pretty close to me. 495 first year membership

Maybe get onto someone that’s a member to bring you out for a spin before you commit, but I’d say it’s as good as you’ll get locally for that kind of money. Gort could be another option if you’re around that side of Ennis.

Yeah not a million miles from gort either.

I’ve played it a few times, I like it, a few holes get damp in winter at the lower part. I think Ennis is over rated tbh gort is ok, some of the holes are too short. Play them all at least once they should let you out for nothing if you are thinking of joining

1 Like

If I was an hour from portumna I’d join the country membership. It’s an absolute bargain at 250. Even the full membership at 550 odd (I think) is absolutely a bargain

1 Like

Lovely track, but not really near anywhere

Probably why the price is so low. If you could play it 10 times a year at 250 that’s still decent value.

Beautiful course, and testing too.

How do ye get the time to play so much golf? 1 round be 4 hours?

WFH. You manage your time more efficiently.

Played at 6.45 this morning was home for 10. Got soaked for my troubles

Do you enjoy playing in those conditions?

What’s your hobby?

Not playing club GAA but reading up on nationwide county championship structures.

Not really. Rained for first 5 holes. Dry after. It was better than not playing though

1 Like

Running, gym, used play a bit of golf but never any good.

I’ve played more than you I’d imagine.

4 hours a week for a hobby isn’t much surely?

Have a lollipop for yourself there.