Golf Thread

Rd 2 of the year after a weeks break.

Driving was spot on… delighted with that at the moment.

Irons are hurting my scores big time, so many stupid 2nd shot approaches being made a hames of.
Need to hit the Range this week.

Hybrids are in need of attention too, not dependable at all. Can be great or ploughing tools.

Chipping practice area getting mowed on lawn this week. Fucking killing me this “ touch of a rapist “ around the greens.

Putting was actually pretty good pace wise with no 3 putts but never sunk one all day.

Overall, only one scratch on a windy enough morning but 8 shots worse than 2 weeks ago with 25pts.

Mission to hit 40 pts next weekend in achievable & I’m going to fucking do it so I am.

My father started his golfing days there. He’s a leftie (i.e. right handed hurler who could strike both sides). Took the game up at 57. Won his first proper competition 3 or 4 years later. The Captain’s Prize FFS sake.

Parred first two this morning and then scratched 3 in a row in the wind… Fucked up my round. Seething so I was

Touch of a rapist :see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

1 Like

Do you use a pitching wedge? I started using a 60 degree wedge and whilst I’m still not great the risk of duffing a chip is much lower I think…

Said it to fella played with this morning that he was a great putter… His response… No, but I’m putting from half the distance you are… So fucking true

I wouldnt put a 60 degree in the hands of someone who isn’t confident chipping. If you slow down you’ll chilli dip it. If you’re struggling with the chipping and theres no bunker in front of you, just putt with a 7 iron

Cunts I was ment to go outwith today have pulled pin. Its too windy… Ffs

Are they afraid of getting a .1?

Ah shucks :blush:

@gilgamboa re: the putting, you need more practice. Then when you think you have done enough do more. I’ve a centred flat putter, Cleveland one that works for me. Though without practice my pace was muck.
Most putting greens would have nine holes. Three balls, start at the first from the side of the green and putt to the nearest hole. No more than two putts a ball. Get it in one great, three putt with any then start the whole drill again. You’ll get your pace right and by the 7th hole you’ll be dealing with pressure putts.

2 Likes

Great advice

@gilgamboa are you putting with your wrists? I was doing this for years and once I changed to the pendulum style it was a game changer. I always take 3 practice swings just to make sure I do it properly. On your finish of your putt the putter should be at least a foot off the ground(follow through)

Remind me to never get into a car with you

1 Like

What about trip to the offie?

Fuck me it was windy in Castlemartyr today and the rough was 4 foot high. Got 26 points off 12. Could have been far worse in the conditions. I think 31 was winning when I came in. The back 9 was brutal

Carne Golf Links today, serious track. Very mixed bag round wise. Really struggled with my knee. Birdie few pars few scratches. Really nice course with some really nice looking holes

4 Likes

I’m playing it next week,tough?

Depending on which route you take, we stuck to the wild Atlantic dunes course. Tough, some great holes.

1 Like

Go hard or go home

Go straight or your fucked :rofl::rofl:

1 Like