Golf Thread

Make sure you play that course, it’s the most scenic and has some crackers of holes… One very elevated par 3 on the 7th…

1 Like

How does it work I didn’t make the booking. Can you pick which 18 on the day?

We could anyway, it splits from the 8th I think, easy enough to follow… The lad I was with had 38 points. First time either if us played it. I pared the par 3’s the 4th and 3rd last birdied the 2nd last and was pretty in-between with the rest. Some right crackers of holes. If ya have someone with ye that’s played it before you will be laughing. Few blind shots

Fuck no we don’t, I might get a strokesaver or something

Download the swing u app on phone… 30 quid a year all courses on it. Will give you live yardage and hole maps

I’ll look into it, it’s be like a yoke you’d pay for only then to have no phone coverage in far north mayo

Fear with those apps plus they eat battery life & data.

Doesnt fuck the battery too much. Don’t know about data. I’m sure it does

Brilliant app. I’m using it for a few months now and highly recommend it.

Concra Wood in the morning, the brother raves about it since the last time he was here. Back is playing up lately so fuck knows how I’ll do

Jaysus that’s a spin

Came up most of the way this afternoon, I’m on @caulifloweredneanderthal’s manor now

2 Likes

Where ya staying mate?

In the Crowne Plaza, had a grand bit of grub in Rocksalt when we landed. Won’t be getting to take in much of the surrounds.

Rocksalt in Blackrock? They’re just after opening in Dundalk too.

Crowne Plaza is the finest. Does a serious carvery, although that’s probably out now. The big plate is serious eating. It’s also one of the ten tallest buildings in Ireland

Bar is closed here, drinks in the room. Not sure if it was it open earlier on when the food was still being served

Anyone recommend a good golf GPS that isn’t too expensive? Dont want to use app on a phone as I like to leave the phone in the car when I’m out.

I have a bushnell mate. Better than any gps

1 Like

Seen a few lads with Garmin watches that look the business

1 Like

Ya I’ve an older version of the garmin watch, it’s maybe 6yrs old. It’s very good when I remember to bring it!