Golf Thread

Does Dick do golf lessons I wonder

1 Like

How did ye get on? Are ye getting in another course or two while up here ?

Only on the fifth now, away back down tonight

Had old head booked for today. Was due off at 10.45 and mist and fog meant we couldn’t see 10 yards in front of us. Course was closed as was too dangerous. Gave 3 hours then waiting around seeing would it lift. One of the fellas was mad to head out and bide our time a bit longer but the brother and myself had not played there before and so the overall experience would not have been the same so we rescheduled. Bit of a write off of a day but on the bright side I have finally learned how to hit a bunker shot after all the short game practice.

Same happened buddy last week. They got put out next Sunday afternoon instead

Lovely track, few beautiful holes around the water. Would def recommend for lads around Dublin

3 Likes

Shoot ok?

Only so-so, the brother had a score but I doubt he’ll make the prizes, twas mild enough really. Enjoyed it all the same

1 Like

Looks a course youd need a bit of local knowledge on from the pictures I’ve seen. Trappy looking. Is it long?

Not crazy long, a few of the par 4s where you’ll need a wood for the second but tis playable enough. Some tight enough driving holes alright.

Is that Lough Muckno?

I made hard work of its sister course in Palmerston house there. Back to the drawing board.

That the Hermo?

That’s a very tough course

It is, not much margin for error, I don’t think there’s one hole that runs parallel to another so if your wayward you are gone. Plenty of sand too and some great greens. Not the day to be grooving a swing change, which I was attempting to do

Was in poor nick when I played it a few years back. Some finishing hole in fairness and the clubhouse is unrale

No was in good condition in fairness just nothing easy. Was very few around as I was leaving so I wonder have they many members. They do a deal where if you join Galway bay you have five day playing rights in Palmerstoen and in concra wood where Raylan was. But you’d want to be ok with losing golf balls to be a member there.

1 Like

That’s a good deal. Fota and Killarney do the same

I think that’s what it is called yeah

Bring 10 golf balls if its windy and you play mahoneys point