Good Books

They all tasted like shit but we knew no better. You’d have to be drunk to ate that shite now.

Were you thinking they didn’t have pizza in Ireland 50 years ago or a 12 year old wouldn’t have had a babysitter in Ireland 50 years ago, he’d have been out working?

Working, smoking and handing up a wage at home.

1 Like

Got it in one.

The Ristorante Speciale was my go to when I was younger.

My mother used to make me a homemade pizza for lunch (I used to come home for lunch) when i was in secondary school. When I look back it’s amongst my favourite foods I ever ate.

And Harbour Hotel on radio 1. 12:50 to1:00? Or maybe it was after 1.

Change the books and back to school. I was only away two weeks ago with the two lads who’d I walk to school with.

Absolute glory days.

1 Like

They didn’t have pizza in Ireland in 1972, in fact they didn’t really have it in 1982 either, anyway I figured out that this was supposed to be 1968,

Unusual that a 12 year old would require a babysitter also at that time I’d say

There were pizza restaurants in Dublin in the early 80s. Superquinn used to do fresh pizza for cooking at home in the 80s which were a bit of a sensation. I’d imagine the Findus French bread pizzas were around in the 70s.

Yeah, the 80s is no problem, the first one in Cork was Pizzaland which was attached to Burgerland, I’d say 1984. I remember small frozen pizzas from around that time

In the late 80s Quinnsworth used to have pizza bars reminiscent of today’s salad bars where you could make up your own pizza on the spot, you’d take a little plastic glove, spread the sauce on yourself, and then lash on the toppings of your choice. It was like having Italian America at home.

Now nobody offers this service. :rage:

2 Likes

Always put too much food in it, so some of the toppings were cold when you’d eat it

A pizza with an absolute hape of toppings (including pineapple to suit my father :roll_eyes:) from the pizza counter in Quinnsworth in The Crescent was a weekly staple for us in the early 90s.

2 Likes

Posh git.

Superquinn pizzas were iconic.

Pal of mine sent me this

Did he know you like Coldplay?

5 Likes

The metamorphical pull across the shins as the ball is thrown in.

1 Like

Good book here, how the Republican Party ended up the way it has. Short and to the point.

1 Like

My God, this woman can write, you’d be rereading sentences she does it do well, another extraordinary book, a bit longer than Foster but still only 116 small pages,
Especially recommended for our Wexford friends, beautiful

Just finished these… Two very important books detailing how the west is eating itself up with its flawed left ideology.

41x7R4lnswL.AC_SY580
51nokyCYnOL.AC_SY580