Good Books

Decades since I read it but it left me cold.

Ya, I’m only sticking with it cause they won’t let me return it, 5 or 10 minutes at a time, rubbish

It’s available to watch. No one reads fiction anymore.

This is a grand book to pass a couple of days. Nowhere near as graphic as some of the other novels in the series which is no bad thing.

Which is his best book ?

Of the Quirke series?

Yes
And the others now that you mention it. I was underwhelmed by the last one I read.

I’ve only read Quirke books by John Banville. Id say my favorite was the Silver Swan.

1 Like

I’ve just checked. It was Snow that I read. Mediocre I found it.

I read that too.

Initially impressed but took a turn towards the end which was disturbing and needlessly so I thought.

1 Like

Hundred percent agree. Ruined the book for me.

Half way through.

Magnificent.

1 Like

Must be 40 years since I read it. More if I think of it. Has it aged well?

I think it’s superb.

How a person can convey such a fast paced detailed intricate thriller through the written word is remarkable.

I remember it as a real page turner

Apparently the film is a cracker too.

Bruce Willis gives a Tour de France performance

The Odessa File was a good read by the same author and a good film with John Voight

1 Like

i started Demon Copperhead and I’m thinking it could be a classic, a reworking of David Copperfield as it happens so that’s a good start

Killing thatcher is a very good book, listening on audible. A well executed plan they came v close to pulling it off. You’d wonder what different course history might have taken

2 Likes