Good Books

Huh, who ever thought he was from Moyross, everybody in Limerick knows who he is and where he’s from.
It’s a comedy book mate, completely ridiculous stuff, not usually my thing but good for a laugh every once in a while, don’t knock it till you’ve tried it and all that

One of them is @ChocolateMice anyway

What kind of thing? The Noah Hawley book and the Sebastian Barry were the best novels I read this year I’d say

Which will you finish first?

1 Like

:rollseyes:

He dropped it like a bombshell and all :smile:

The aul sarcasm director turned off 2dsy kiddo ??

Sorry mate, I’ll give you the BOTD

I listened to the Erskine Fogarty one on the podcast the other day. I enjoyed it. The Limerick accent made me lonesome. All his problems caused by “Dublin cunts”.

1 Like

Haven’t got to that one, Dev and Collins were helping themselves to Erskine Childers marischino cherries for their caipirinhas alright

Stitched up like a kipper!

Agreed on Barry. Read Hawleys and thought It was decent enough to give another of his a go. I think the previous one,The Good Father, is better.
@Portumna_Bridge My Name is Ove is the best book I’ve read in the last while. Hillbilly Elegy is an interesting read if you’re not into fiction.

1 Like

He is yesterday’s news

Is that A Man Called Ove?

Yes. That’s the one. Cracking book. Easy read

Read Missoula by John Krakauer recently, excellent if tough read

1 Like

Finished 'Sapiens ’ by Harari. Recommended reading for any one interested in a history of humans book.

1 Like

Any recommendation for a book on Irish folklore lads?

Eddie Lenihan is your only man.

2 Likes

@ChocolateMice ‘s thesis is a very enjoyable read.

1 Like