Good Books

How about you set up your own pretentious books thread and we’ll keep this one for all other books??

2 Likes

Who the fuck wants to read about brown skinned people anyway?

You seem really bored today, could you go out and walk the dog or something?

What’s it to you?? — In like flynn to defend the darkies … you’re some man to keep a vigil for any slight on these Muslim terrorists.

1 Like

What are you on about now? You’re jumping in with two feet all over the place and even poor old mild mannered @Horsebox has had to gently put you in your place. A bit of fresh air would do you good.

@Horsebox is harmless … I havent jumped in any where, mate … i’d have a look at yourself on that front.

Good to read that the games we played as kids on Halloween were a continuation of the pagan games our ancestors played…this scene in 1850s Donegal could have been anywhere in 1980s/90s Ireland. Not sure if they still go on?.. cc all dads on the forum

1 Like

I’ve read it. His “head”.must have been friend from the pressures of the unfolding nightmare.

Powers are cunts though. The shop staff in Gorey must have been on massive commissions as Tony rambled in a couple of times a day with packages of 5k…
The 24 hours where he gambled 460k was mad shit.

Mate, I love you like a brother, but I’m not going to allow bullying of @Horsebox

1 Like

Just learned there’s a new Irvine Welsh book out featuring the Trainspotting crew. Downloaded but never started The Blade Artist, I’ll pick that up and read it now before reading this one (although the concept of a mellowed out Begbie seems wrong to me).

cc @Mark_Renton

1 Like

New novel from one of the very best writers around at the moment, just read the first ten or so pages but I’ve a feeling it’s gonna be superb

3 Likes

Blade Artist is very good. I consumed it via audible.

1 Like

Let us know what you think. Ryan is outstanding

Who read it? Did he do a great job on the accents? Were you going using Glaswegian slang in your head after it?

If you like sport and history…why sometimes football is much more than a game or a franchise
Dynamo: Defending the Honour of Kiev (Text Only) https://g.co/kgs/NoJxx3

Tam Dean Burn, he’s decent. He does all Welshs books.

Why Glaswegian?

Point taken.

Is it as depressing as his other offerings?

I’d say you’d find it depressing if you found his others that way.
I sat down a while ago and read about 40 pages, it is unreal, nobody puts you in the head of the characters like Ryan,