Good Books

WTF :grinning:

He’s behind you.

Just reading about it. This is absolutely mental. Ukranians saying they faked his death.

Mistaken - by Neil Jordan, a very good read

2 Likes

I am 3/4s way through this book. It is very good.

Super

How short is it ?

Too big for you.

1 Like

I read The Underground Railroad recently. I found it extremely grim, but the analogy/allegory was a bit clunky and predictable, and it fell short of the classic book it threatened to be at times. Humans are a thoroughly unpleasant species by and large.
I’ll start the new Michael Connolly book later.

220 pages

Half way through this and it is fascinating stuff. Mammaw was some tough cookie

I bought Solar Bones by Mike McCormack in Hodges Figgis last night. I wouldn’t be a great fiction reader so it was an impulse buy. My jaysus its some book. Unputdownable.

2 Likes

I was in town this morning and meant to pop into O’Mahoney’s to pick up a fiction book for the holidays, but clane forgot about it. I’ll keep an eye out for this.

I really enjoyed it.

Just finished this. A very fine read that puts historical, political and sociological flesh on the bones of JD Vance’s Hillbilly Elegy…

1 Like

I’m reading this at the moment, he seems to try a little hard with the stream of consciousness thing, you’d need to be fully tuned in,

Keep going
Keep going to fuck.

1 Like

Just finished a fantastic book called ‘I heard you paint houses’. Its about an Irish american Frank sheerin who became a mob hitman and a gopher for Jimmy Hoffa.

Brilliant insight into that era, delves into the Kennedy assassination but central theme is the Hoffa disappearance.

Its currently being made into a movie called the Irishman by Scorsese starring Pacino and Pesci for release next year

2 Likes

I barely forced myself to finish this during the week, a load of ould shit is my verdict.

I read beatlebone last week. A fairly mixed book I thought, some great conversations in it but in the main the story was poor enough.