Good Books

I read both elevator pitch and the chain recently. Both easy enough to read not too much thinking. Might be up your street

1 Like

I recommended that . An epic.

1 Like

I presume you’ve read Prisoners of Geography. It is a good take on global geopolitics.

Thanks - I thought it was class. Epic is exactly what it was. I must buy his other book now.

1 Like

Yes I did. If you enjoyed that then this would be right up your alley. Moves along at a much faster pace too.

It is easy to see why racism is still so systemic over there the country really was founded on it. The book concentrates on territories outside the main United States like Hawaii, Guam, Puerto Rico, Alaska, the Philippines and the various rocks they annexed in the Caribbean to dig the hundreds of years of accumulated bird shit off to fertilise crops back in the US. Some great yarns in it about the likes of Teddy Roosevelt

2 Likes

I took this book down off the shelf tonight and gave it a bit of a read. It’s an absolutely hateful anti Irish diatribe and a great insight into British thinking about Ireland in the 1920s

2 Likes

I’m reading a cracker of a book by peter carey, the true history of the kelly gang. Its written in the vernacular of the time and place, the imagery is stunning. A masterpiece

The narrative is by Ned Kelly himself and the format is in fictional letters from Ned to his daughter.

3 Likes

Just finished the globalist the biography of Peter Surherland. A pedestrian enough read tbh. He was a serious operator in fairness

Its a movie now too that came out just before the pandemic

Jaysus, have you seen it. I hope it does the book justice

Was gonna go before it all shut down

Have you read the book?

I read half of it about 20 years ago and can’t remember fuck all of it

1 Like

I’ll be finishing it tonight and I’ll watch the movie Monday while its fresh.

1 Like

Did it cover his legal and business career ??

Yes.

They made a pure fuck out of the movie

Did it not win the booker prize?

It did ya. It’s a great book

I’m watching the movie here and it’s disgusting

Bad?