Good Books

By Ryan’s standards it’s hard to call, it’s only when it’s finished and you can reflect on the entire story that you realize just how good it was, not a page turner by any means but a book that will live with you, some great characters as always

How often could you reflect on a books entire story before it was finished?

If it’s one of those books that starts at the end.

I think my post makes perfect sense to be honest.

But I have somebody now who replies with a nasty comment to each and every post I make, how needy is that, I hope my point made sense to you @TreatyStones, well worth reading

1 Like

Around half way through The Abstainer by Ian McGuire. Quite good so far.

I understood you brah. Only read From A Low And Quiet Sea by Ryan and enjoyed it, so would be keen to pick up another one.

I’ve been dire at the auld reading in the Covid era, I actually haven’t picked up a book since my last bidness trip.

Can we be sure he wasn’t reading it upside down?

Unlimited Heartbreak?

1 Like

Anyone ever read a good book relating to the history of Irish trade unions or the like? Cc @Fagan_ODowd @TheUlteriorMotive

Not me anyway.

1 Like

I’m 2 chapters in on the audio book but I find the narrator a bit annoying. It’s building slowly alright

Not me either. It’s the sort of question you might best ask in hodges figgis history section and they’d point you
in right direction.

1 Like

3 Likes

Decent yarns when we were young

1 Like

Did you finish that (Thursday murder club)?

I finished it this morning and thought it was the biggest crock of shit I’ve ever heard, I’ve no real experience with the genre but I thought the premise of a whodunnit was that you’d have been dropped some little hints in n passing, the way this wrapped up was ridiculous

2 Likes

How do you stick the audio books?

I find it almost impossible to listen to fiction on audio books but a lot of the better non fiction books are structured like long podcasts are great for a run or long drive

I can’t concentrate at all on them. Give me a proper book everytime. I like to make notes and reference certain items.

3 Likes

That wouldn’t surprise me when it comes to a man who is meticulous in his Internet posts