Good Fillums

Lols

What Richard Did on RTE 2 at the moment. Superb film.

1 Like

MOTD 2 is on pal.

it’s utter dogshit.

1 Like

Philistine

Garage is ten times better

I watched The Grand Budapest Hotel last night.

I am a big fan of Wes Anderson and this is a really well made film and very enjoyable. Has a bit more charm and warmth to it compared to the Royal Tennenbaums and Life Aquatic. Very witty and Ralph Finnes is excellent in it.

3 Likes

A cracking film. Anderson’s better films completely absorb you into the little world he creates. I think Moonrise Kingdom is my favourite.

Watched The Big Short at the weekend. Enjoyed it even if it did try to be a bit clever at times, particularly that segway shit. Thought Steve Carell was very good in it. Also, Marisa Tomei is pushing on. :cry:

A good film, but thoroughly depressing.

As depressing as this General Election?

There’s an election on?

Great call - a smashing film. Have to say, Royal Tenenbaums and Life Aquatic were very charming in their own ways. Have you seen Darjeeling Limited? One of his best. The man’s a genius.

As an aside, @Fitzy hasn’t dropped a spoiler here in a while…can we change the thread title back?

Still would

American Sniper starring Bradley Cooper, what an unreal film, probably the best film I have ever seen

Watched the Boys from Brazil last night. Cracking film, mental storyline, Peck, Olivier, Mason, brilliant stuff.

Just watched the end of American Sniper again, I broke down crying during the funeral cortage scene, Clint Eastwood is the greatest director of all time

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U53ZVfW0CIk

Chris Kyle was a fantasist and a fraud, pal. Now Pat Tilman, there’s a real hero and a true patriot.

He would have sent Kyle home with his tea in a mug

2 Likes

tell me more about Pat