Good Fillums

Anyone seen Rush?

On Film4 tonight, thinking it might be worth a watch after MOTD on +1

Yes.

One of your more informative posts on here, good man.

5 minutes and it’ll have you. It needs no further words.

1 Like

I watched that 10 Cloverfield Lane today at the picture house. I enjoyed it a lot I must say.

Convoy,out and out classic

Just watched Rush on film 4 there now. Absolutely outstanding, one of the most enjoyable films I’ve ever seen

Saw it last night and enjoyed it aswell,John Goodman is great craic in it good to see the big man back.

Watched the big short last night in the cinema. Fantastic film. Brilliantly directed and put together.

Was very disappointed with how few proper trailers there were. All shit adds.

unreal, one of the greatest films I have ever seen

1 Like

Apparently Hunt and Lauda were good friends in real life.

Watched The Third Man at the weekend (god knows how many times I’ve watched it, but hadn’t in a couple of years). Cinematic perfection, an unadulterated masterpiece.

5 Likes

Did it for the leaving cert with a truly excellent english teacher. Fascinating film, that zither music still gets me every time.

Roaster schools invariably did dances with wolves that year as part of that new curriculum. The teachers probably knew the best they could hope for from their simple charges was a two page essay about the man and animal connection in isolated wilderness.

2 Likes

I watched it the other day. It was ok. As @Julio_Geordio said before, having read the book or understanding some of the terminology of the market was needed to help understand it. I thought it was a bit meh to be honest, hard to film a crash happening. The guy playing Michael Burry was excellent.

I am going to watch Brooklyn Thursday night on my flight home.

Great film. Nathalie Dormer is in it as well. She has a slightly wonky face but I like her.

Something about her alright. Strikes me as a mental cunt, she’d hand it back soft.

1 Like

Daniel Brühl is one of the greatets actors of all time

I loved it. Think it takes a lot to make a story about banking and one we all know the ending to interesting. Think they used good devices, great abrasive sound mix and weird jump cuts in the editing. And some savage acting.

It is possible that the rarity of my trips to the cinema made me far too generous in my opinions though.

He’s gonna make an UNREAL Baron Zemo.