Good Fillums

Had an uncanny resemblance to the real Niki Lauda in Rush

the reference to the Lakota as animals is a bit harsh.

In Bruges, brilliant film

3 Likes

Watched Brooklyn with the missus last night :flushed:
Have to admit it was very good, I’d read the book and it is an excellent adaptation, young Ronan is a cracking actress.

1 Like

What We Do In The Shadows. Watched again recently and it is still as funny. Daycent cast too. Not your average vampire movie, and a million miles away from that Twilight shit.

I have watched a heap of movies on my android box with my life partner this weekend. The pick being The Big Short & Room

Christian Bale is excellent in The Big Short which is based around the 2008 sub prime mortgage collapse in the states and has a Wolf of Wallstreet feel about it. Room is a fairly harrowing watch but very well made.

Watched 10 CloverField Lane which was fairly men. John Goodman is decent in it as the doomsday nutjob and the first 90 minutes are engaging enough followed by a poor enough ending. Just finished watching Spectre which is standard James Bond/Daniel Craig fare.

The Danish Girl was utter shit. Impossible to have a trace of empathy for the lead character in it. Also watched 20 odd minutes of Joy which was utter shit as well

Might watch Spotlight or Steve Jobs later

Steve Jobs and Spotlight are both excellent mate.

2 Likes

Christ I’d rather rather watch Dunph ate in Donkey Fords than watch a second of The Danish Girl, I’d say that is some utter simpering cuntish shiteness.

1 Like

Fight Club is on TG4 tonight. The Dark Knight is on TV3 as well if ye are interested in that

Watching a bit of Straight Outta Compton here. Compton doesn’t seem like an especially nice place.

Caherelly/Ballybricken is worse.

2 Likes

Room is an outstanding thought provoking film. Has anyone watched this batman v superman yet?

Just got around to watching Creed. Training in a hospital for FFS. Running up and down stairs. Mickey would be turning in his grave.

The protagonist was difficult to warm to. His card was marked for me after that horrid “up in the cloud” quip early on.

The love interest was very doable but the progressive hearing loss would be a bit of a mood-killer.

1 Like

Gangster No1 the other night, decent oul guff, I reckon McDowell is a total head case in real life.

Watched Bridge of Spies last night. Decent show. Tom Hanks, Steven Spielberg, Ronseal

1 Like

Watching Desperately Seeking Susan from 1985 here on the dodgy box. Stars Madonna. Super movie with a super soundtrack.

The city is full of sushi restaurants. I took some home the other day and cooked it. It wasn’t bad it tasted like fish.

I didn’t get that in 1985.

1 Like

Catholic guilt was v strong back then mate, people will be looking for it back in a few years though that’s the funny thing.

Das Leben der Anderen, one of the greatest films of all time

I watched the Big Lebowski for the first time the other night. John Goodman excellent as always.

2 Likes