Good Fillums

Just starting into Spotlight here after the Clare-Kildare epic.

1 Like

I enjoyed it. I am watching Zodiac here, haven’t seen it in years.

Watched Midnight Special last night. A big giant meh from me. Bridge of Spies is a decent watch

1 Like

I might follow you in after ‘the dinner’ give me an update in about 15/20 pal.

Anyone seen ‘criminal’ tempted here, cant really go wrong with a bio like this

Good premise, I was looking forward to it, but have heard bad reports.

Still Gal Godot is unreal, so there’s always that.

Saw Eye in the Sky last night was v disappointed with it

@bandage your thoughts on spotlight

Watched Solace t’other night. An enjoyable thriller based around an intriguing premise*

Good solid cast headlined by Anthony Hopkins and Colin Farrell, well backed up by the 2 detectives, whose (FAO @bandage) names elude me.

8.5 as a deich.

*potential spoiler, but more than happy to discuss, if pressed upon.

A cracker. Mike Tyson plays the bad guy in Ip Man 3 I think. Haven’t seen it yet but must get to it.

Lads, the new Jungle Book is a brilliant movie. Saw it in imax in 3D and haven’t enjoyed a film as much in a long time. It rattles along and is very enjoyable throughout. Stellar voice acting cast in it with two of my favourites Bill Murray and Christopher Walken having standout turns.

1 Like

@Bandage I saw Brooklyn lately. A real tear jerker.

1 Like

The scene when Iarla o lionaird sang Casadh an tSúgáin was a real tear jerker alright…

Jaysus thought that wasn’t great tbh.

An absolutely magnificent film.

@Big_Dan_Campbell, @ChocolateMice - I thought Spotlight was okay but hardly fantastic/worthy of a best picture nomination. It’s not as if it was Brooklyn standard. It rattles through the story, the performances are grand, that Rachel McAdams is lovely.

But maybe there’s an adverse impact of watching films at home via dodgy boxes as opposed to the full cinema experience.

1 Like

No- I agree with that summation. Meh…

Watching the rat pack here about snooker in the 1980s it’s unreal

Just bawled my way through Room there. Very good movie. Probably wasn’t a great idea to watch it today after doing a bag of yips yesterday.

Brilliant film. Watched it on a plane the other day. I had no idea what story was bar the very bare bones. Kid is top class

He is. Steals the show.

Watched “Midnight Special” earlier this week. Very enjoyable. Decent cast and storyline.

Barry Lyndon. Just unreal.

3 Likes