Good Fillums

LOLZ. “Excuse me?!”

I went to see Don’t Breathe last night and I thought it was very good. I think everyone in the cinema enjoyed because there were people jumping and women shrieking everywhere. Its tense and there are a lot of jumpy moments. Would recommend not watching the trailer though as these things just ruin the best parts for you. My partner hadn’t watched a trailer and hadn’t a notion of what the concept would be and I know it was all the better because of that. 8/10.

Watching Rear Window here by Hitchcock.

Genius at work.

4 Likes

Great movie.

Got the Hitchcock box set as a present, just superb

Deepwater horizon is surprisingly watchable.

Watched Deadpool last night. Thoroughly enjoyable. Might have to watch it again as I spent half the movie laughing.

1 Like

Just finished The Infiltrator. Cranston is superb in it, dunno how the fuck you’d do that job though, the stress levels from just watching it was enough for me.

1 Like

Thought it was a bit boring

Slow-burner admittedly, but all the better for it imo

The Siege of Jadotville is class. Surprised there’s not much hype about it

Jamie Doran is terrible in it.

Agreed - accent was terrible

Americans praying after a natural disaster. Fucking weirdos.

1 Like

Watched ‘The Clan’ tonight.

Crazy true story from the early 80’s in Argentina where a respectable upper middle class family kidnapped various wealthy people and demanded ransoms anonymously order to maintain thier own lifestyles.

The eldest son was a star rugby player and played internationally for the pumas (at least the portrayal of him in the movie had him playing for the Argies)

Highly recommended

1 Like

Taika Waititi’s latest film, ‘Hunt for the Wilderpeople’, is a little gem. If anyone has seen and liked ‘What We Do in the Shadows’, this is better again. Sam Neill puts in an excellent performance. Film of the year so far.

3 Likes

Rated “confusing”.

Huh?

Taika Waititi’s latest film, ‘Hunt for the Wilderpeople’, is a little gem. Sam Neill puts in an excellent performance. Film of the year so far.

He also directed ‘What We Do in the Shadows’, this is better again.

1 Like

Well, some people have a way with words and other people not have way.

PS. I didn’t know Sam Neill directed What We Do In The Shadows.

I watched Woody Allen’s ‘Cafe Society’ this morn. Not spectacular, but t’was a decent enough aul watch. Better than his last 2.