Good Fillums

I had the unfortunate experience of sitting next to Meaney at an AIF final once. He was a pain in the hole to say the least

2 Likes

I didn’t realise that had happened. She was excellent in this. Terribly sad

It’s a smashing film. Lord of the Flies wrapped up in a class war with heavy dollops of black humour on top.

Anybody see that new Michael Jordan shoe deal movie?

Yeah it’s very good

If you want to go and see it - just do it.

Angry Half Baked GIF

Once upon a time in the west coming up on Sky Movies

3 Likes

Brother Prunty used to show filllums after school of a Friday to make a few bob for the school. Usually a war picture or a cowboy job. He’d be in the back of the hall with the projector. My memory is that there was a racey enough scene with Claudia Cardinale in this Fillum and we were all cheering and clapping and he had a face like a boiled shite on him trying to crank the projector as fast as it could go so we wouldn’t see “anything”

9 Likes

Watched the Parallax View from start to finish there for the first time, while recovering from a hard weekends work in the garden. Good fillum but a couple of hairy holes in the plot. Like how did he just apply for the job with the Parallax Corporation? Did he reply to an ad in the paper Psychopaths Wanted please apply in confidence to PO Box 14?
And could you just walk on to a plane in 1974 USA without a ticket and pay cash for your seat to the Stewardess?

I watched Cop Land tonight. Some cast in it. I’d say it was the first time I watched it since it came out. I never realised how many of the cast of the Sopranos appeared in it.

1 Like

Warren Beatty was over rated.

Never heard of it…

Watched True Romance there tonight. Another excellent film. Again, a brilliant cast and a cool soundtrack.

4 Likes

Just watched ‘The Menu’. Bizarre!

1 Like

The last Duel is a great film.

Guy Ritchie’s The Covenant is decent

5 Likes

One of the best

Just watched Prisoners (2013) with Jake Gyllenhaal. Good movie.

Not sure how I missed it first time round.

1 Like

I saw ‘Air’ in Dooradoyle Omniplex last night.

A solid 7/10 enjoyable two hours.

1 Like