Good Fillums

Very good flick

Might have been posted on here, but a search give me nothing.

FAO @backinatracksuit

I don’t get it? :flushed:

The first frame shows the Nike HQ in 1984.
Most of that 1984 book you recommended was about the Nike franchise and Michael Jordan.

1 Like

Inspired after reading Joseph O’Connor My Father’s House I stumbled on this movie

This was Roberto Rossellini’s revelation, a harrowing drama about the Nazi occupation of Rome and the brave few who struggled against it. Though told with more melodramatic flair than the films that would follow it to form The War Trilogy and starring some well-known actors—Aldo Fabrizi as a priest helping the partisan cause and Anna Magnani in her breakthrough role as the fiancée of a resistance member—Rome Open City is a shockingly authentic experience, conceived and directed amid the ruin of World War II, with immediacy in every frame. Marking a watershed moment in Italian cinema, this galvanic work garnered awards around the globe and left the beginnings of a new film movement in its wake.

1 Like

A classic. The Italian Neo-Realists made some good stuff. Bicycle Thieves/ The Bicycle Thief the most famous probably.

2 Likes

I watched this last night. Very enjoyable and a really good soundtrack.

1 Like

I watched Robocop last night.

It’s the best sci fi movie of all time

2 Likes

Burgess Meredith Meme GIF

2 Likes

Definitely differences between the two cuts of the movie.

Anx red from that 70s show is one of the best villains, along with bogomil from beverly hills cop

Acid Robocop GIF by DJ CHIMO BAYO

Went to see it on the big screen for the 35th anniversary last year, the uncut version it was glorious.

1 Like

I’ve just started The Irish Mob….I know I’m going to regret leaving it on! I’d nearly tell Bang to take it off.

I watched the popes exorcist the other night and thought it was a delightful romp (not sure if it was intended to be such). It’s based on a real person and I believe the case was real (as far fetched as that seems). Worth a watch and Russell Crowe was at his best.

3 Likes

Yep, thought this was very good

1 Like

The goat you mean. The music and the stand off between Fonda and Bronsen… Leone wanted the 3 lads from good bad and ugly to appear in opening scene but Eastwood wouldn’t do it, was too big a star to remember who gave him his break. A big pity

Once upon a time in the west

1 Like

Jaws on Sky Movies now.

1 Like

I enjoyed john wick 4.