Good Fillums

I watched his Asteroid City a few weeks ago. Thought it was rubbish.

I loved it.

That new Emily Blunt movie is some pile of shit. Netflix completely overdoing the opioid thing now.

1 Like

The Burial with Jamie fox and tommy.lee Jones supposed to be very good

It’s quirky but a bit self indulgent I thought. I watched it on a plane which isn’t the best place to watch in fairness.

I saw it in the cinema in fairness

+1

Backtrack. Stay in the butt.

I watched The Maltese Falcon from end to end for the first time. I don’t get the hype.

1 Like

Overrated

1 Like

It’s no Casablanca, for sure

I just came on to post this in another thread but now seems more appropriate here….

‘Michael Curtiz, Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman. Behind the scenes of Casablanca, 1942.’

4 Likes

Watched this last night for first time. Very good laugh. Enjoyed it immensely.

The Holdovers with Paul Giamatti is top notch.

Silly it seems to be only coming out in January over the other side of the Atlantic as it is lovely Christmas movie that people will watch again and again.

Dominic Sessa is going to he a big star. Captures a lot of the special/weird elements about going to boarding school (particularly the North East) along with some lovely great depth to every character.

5/5

1 Like

Watched Air last night (along with the remains of the bottle of brandy that went into the Christmas cake earlier in the day) Perfectly passable way to spend nearly two hours, not outstanding. The wigs were the highlight, especially Ben Afflecks one…

Film 4(+1) now. Hard to believe it didn’t break even when released. An absolute classic of the science fiction genre.

4 Likes

Do you see? DO YOU SEE!!!

“Liberate tu tame ex inferis”

The uncut version which added an extra half hour to the running time was lost forever when the footage was stored half arsed and ruined beyond use for a directors cut.

I read that on the Wikipedia page alright. Bizarre goings on.