Good Fillums

Sam Neill’s performance in this is very underrated.

Great supporting cast Jason Isaacs & Sean Pertwee.

1 Like

Where we’re going, we won’t need eyes to see!!

3 Likes

The Prince of Tides.

Good film, I can’t recall.

Fair showing of cheesy lines early doors.

Fuck no

Jaysus, forgot how grim it was.

Jaysus, I forgot how Nolte sows it into her after belittling the Husband :astonished:

Went to see Napoleon tonight. Poor enough I thought.

Came up short?

10 Likes

Scent of a woman on here. Pacino at the disciplinary hearing. Hairs on the back of the neck stuff

2 Likes

Missus out last night so I threw on LA Confidential. So good - rare you get a film like that these days. Rollo Tomase :muscle:

7 Likes

It’s an incredible movie. There’s not a bad beat in it. That cast. Just magnificent. It was a friend of mine who passeds favourite movie, I give it a whirl every Christmas in memory of her. You’ve it in my head now for tonight.

If I take you out, there’ll be ten more lawyers to take your place tomorrow. They just won’t come on the bus, that’s all!

Boyo

Killers of the flower moon is a miss for me. Passable if you like a film to snooze through and be able to pick up the plot, but it doesn’t quite achieve anything. Doesn’t quite get to the evil of the people involved, nor the nub of the racism, nor the drama of the investigation, nor the trial, nor the absolute injustice of the sentencing.
It shines a light on dark place, but it’s a bit wishy washy as a whole.
Despite being over three hours long, it manages to achieve feeling truncated.
Shame.

1 Like

Watched oppenheimer tonight. I thought it was great. Well worth it. I could see murphy picking up an oul oscar for it

5 Likes

Godzilla minus one. Well worth a look.

1 Like

Shawshank never fails to impress.

I’m rather taken by the scene at the tree where Red finds the rock.
The startled look to make sure no one is in his vicinity once he sees his cash.
A wonderful scene performed by a treasure of an actor in a timeless movie.

5 Likes

No war movie is going to win any oscars this year,the yids wouldn’t want anyone going off on a rant on stage.

I think there could be no movie further from a war movie than Oppenheimer fwiw.

Zihuatanejo. A trip to the beach there is on my bucket list. That and getting a chance to accuse someone of being ‘obtuse’…

The movie “The Shawshank Redemption” was what made this small village on Mexico’s Pacific coast known. The funny thing about that is that they only used the name Zihuatanejo (pronounced zeewhataneighho). The scenes of the place were actually filmed in St. Croix, in the US Virgin Islands .

2 Likes