Good Fillums

My older lad tells me it’s even sadder in real life.

Another son died but they left it out as it would seem almost unbelievable

Lovely movie

Was in Seoul last summer, really enjoyed it. Will go again.

2 Likes

Don’t think they left it out - the eldest son died when he was about 6 but they didn’t reference what happened him exactly and rarely touched on it - as it was before Zac Efrons character was even born. So that makes four sons - there was hardly a fifth one in there too that died ?

1 Like

Seoul is great craic indeed.

The iron claw is well worth a watch, tragic story.

2 Likes

there was a fifth brother Chris Von Erich suffered from asthma and a brittle bone condition, which affected his wrestling career. He died by suicide in 1991, shortly before the passing of Kerry

1 Like

Went to see the Wim Wenders movie Perfect Days there this evening. About a Japanese fella that cleans toilets. Unpromising premise for a movie but a good movie despite not much (ie nothing) happening ever the course of the two hours.

I think it’s the first Wim Wenders movie I’ve seen since Wings of Desire in 1987. I think I saw that in the old Lighthouse cinema in Abbey Street though it may have been called something else then. Wings of Desire was one of my favourite movies.

2 Likes

Great film. I remember watching it in college. I think that and Paris, Texas are the only two films of his I’ve seen

Peter Falk did a great turn in Wings of Desire. As did Bruno Ganz. Impossible to think that the Berlin Wall fell two years after that film was made, it was such an important feature of that movie.

I listen to the soundtrack to Paris Texas a lot. It’s a lovely album with dialogue from the movie and Ry Cooders music.

1 Like

12th fail on Netflix is a good feelgood fillum. Would be great for a remake with meaney and co.

Just before the Oscars, we watched Oppenheimer - great film! Outstanding. Murphy had a Tour de France. RDJr brilliant, Dillon, Blunt, the whole cast. Brilliantly acted, directed. Hope it sweeps the boards. Nolan is a genius of cinema.

2 Likes

Its boring mate

1 Like

Sorry it went over your head mate. Think that cartoon with the birds is still in the cinema.

5 Likes

Suncoast a lovely movie. Funny along the way with Woody Harrelson excellent in supporting role but very moving movie. Beautiful

1 Like

https://twitter.com/historyinmemes/status/1772405352098873826?s=46&t=YOfhVM10W0bcyIiYSLI3Wg

Finally got around to Dune 2. They rushed the shit out of that last hour.

1 Like

Watched Lawrence of Arabia properly for the first time.recently.

Amazing.

On the waterfront is next.

2 Likes

I could have been a contender

Doctor Zhivago and The Third Man after that.

2 Likes