Good Fillums

We watched a grand little filum the other night - Bank of Dave, with Rory Kinnear.
A heartwarming tale of the little man standing up to the man. Good feel good movie.

1 Like

That movie is based on a true story I think… I saw a documentary on some lad in England who started his own bank… not sure how it went for him though

Armageddon is based on a true story

2 Likes

Robocop. Just can’t stop watching it when I see it on.

1 Like

I’m the complete opposite.

It keeps popping up on Sky Movies, can’t bring myself to watch it.

Lovely film. I heard the real life dave interviewed on some podcast or other. Every bit as enjoyable.

Ah jaysus it’s awesome

Just here to see the 4k remaster of The Terminator on the big screen for the 40th anniversary of its release.

1 Like

I agree with you on most movies but you’re wrong here. Fantastic 80s ultra violence and satire

Took the daughter to Beetlejuice. Grand old watch. Keaton is brilliant as is Catherine OHara.

Story bit clunky, disjointed. But good laugh and she enjoyed as did i

1 Like

Finally watched The Menu, about two years after its release. A good film. Worth a watch.

1 Like

An aged uncle comes over to stay every once in a while and we throw on a fillum. Watched this again for 2nd time. Really is a very underrated flick. Very little chat about it but its a gem

2 Likes

Watched The Revenant last night, relentlessly Grim, tough watch but worth it

That bear was scary as fuck.

One of the most overrated films in decades, like watching paint dry.

2 Likes

Small Things Like These (2024) Official Trailer - Cillian Murphy, Emily Watson

If it is anywhere near as good as the book it will be some film.

It looks good but as depressing as fuck,I’d say you’d come out of there raging at what went on back in the day

2 Likes

The book didn’t dwell too much on the horrors of The Magdalene. Sort of left it to the imagination.

Depressing as fuck is right. Some brilliant Wexford accents in it though.

Fixed that for you

3 Likes