Good Podcasts

Elizabeth was a very interesting character in her own right. Top class secret service she assembled too. As for her pirates…

The Brits rise to power is an interesting story. A lot of it just came down to the fact that they did not have to invest themselves so heavily in the horrifically wasteful European land wars that never seemed to stop. They were (relatively) free to focus on their trade and to develop the navy that gave them the edge in far flung spheres of activity like India, which is really what the empire was all about anyway. They went all in on just one major European land war, in 1914, and even with their imperial possessions it finished them.

Simple and insightful

Asquith and Grey fucked up

Interesting and informative podcast here on the history of fascism in Italian football

https://soundcloud.com/user679855208/askhistorians-podcast-070

2 Likes

Fantasy football, in theory. Episode on the AJ Smith Chargers.
@Blake

I just listened to the Donal Lenihan one on newstalk, I broke down crying a few times, an inspirational man, Corks finest ever sportsman

2 Likes

@Lazarus Mike is having a fundraiser for the show. He’s asking $35 for a shirt but it’s about time I threw a few quid his way anyway. Well worth it for the work he’s done.

http://revolutionspodcastfundraiser.com/

Couldn’t agree more. Mike is sound, tried to tell @Rocko to follow his fundraising method rather than cheesy gimmicks but he wouldn’t have it. @Watch_The_Break struggling to get into the history of britain series, I’m there to Ceaser but not feeling it

Radiolab is really good. Interesting topics with very high quality editing and storytelling.

2 Likes

Tim Ferris interview with Scott Adams who created Dilbert is really good.

guys

conan is so good

This is brilliant, this guys my new hero. They need to erect a statue below in Limerick

4 Likes

I listened to that a few months ago. Brilliant stuff.

1 Like

Listened to it on my morning commute. Brilliant story.
Would like to have found out about more about how became penniless. A lot of it didn’t seem to add up.

Is he well known at all in Limerick? I’d never heard of him. Stone wall legend

Anyone listening to the ‘Life with Brian’ podcast? Brian Mcclair’s podcast, enjoying the first few episodes here. He must be half Irish or that, mad into the pogue’s, most favourite gig is Saw Doctors.

1 Like

Ah @Lazarus. Would you not forget about what @myboyblue said and just come back? He doesn’t mean the half of what he comes out with.

He knows what he has to do to make this right

Do many listen to the gaa social pod. The presenter is a guy called Thomas niblock assisted by OisĂ­n McConville.
It’s not bad, but this niblock seems to try to hard. Nearly every second episode is ‘’ the most powerful episode we’ve ever recorded ‘’.
I mean, just let people listen and if they like it they like it.
No need to talk yourself up so much.

1 Like