Graeme Souness

This was a tremenjus manly tackle by Aberdeen’s Neil Simpson on Rangers’ Ian Durrant.

Souey is the only pundit saying West Ham equaliser at weekend was correctly chalked off .

1 Like

He’s the best pundit in the game right now. He’s taken his early experience beside Dunphy and is using that now to move ahead of the pack.

1 Like

He was sone player as well, one of the best in the world of his era.

Mad that some lads in Ireland judge character by the football team you used to play for, serious mentallers

5 Likes

Souness has charisma. Same as Keane. Two great characters, no fluff. You get their opinion, 100% unfiltered.

Some people aren’t able for that, they want their opinion from someone elses mouth

10 Likes

Remember the time to Oirelant fans booed the yank playing for Rangers.
They go apeshit when McClean gets booed.

2 Likes

Souness wasnt one of the best in the world, was a flop in Italy where all the best players were

he has questionable views on a lot of things too

1 Like

In an era when England won 7 of 8 European cups all the best players played in Italy, that’s kinda mad really

1 Like

I dont think any English teams won the European Cup when he played in Italy

Neither did any Italian teams. He won a coppa italia with Sampdoria

You’ve decided to judge his career beginning at 31, I don’t remember his time in Italy as being a failure in any case, but I was thinking of him as a Liverpool player

i can only judge him on where I saw him play

International & Italy

1 Like

Wow.

Unprecedented really - five leagues and 3 European Cups in Seven seasons.
And 4 league cups. 11 of the biggest trophies in world football.

He moved to Italy to retire really.

Souness’ playing career is best remembered for his seven seasons at Liverpool, where he won five League Championships, three European Cupsand four League Cups.

You shouldn’t be so sure of your opinions in that case, not many players are at their best in their 30s,

You can take it from me that he was world class at Liverpool, unless MOTD etc only showed him at his best

1 Like

Lads, TSG thinks roy keane was average becaue he lost a match for celtic while needing a hip replacement.

Anyone who disputes either of those were world class players is a WUM or an idiot, or both

What’s more surprising is that lads still earnestly reply to TSG :person_shrugging:

5 Likes

It’s probably uncool to utilise a phrase from the past but arch-footix @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy has been clamped unmercifully here……

Who’s manning the defibrillator today?

1 Like

he was poor for Scotland throughout his career too mate

keane wasnt world class

he failed when he came up against the best

Right on schedule @estebandaface

1 Like