Graeme Souness

Tie yourself into a knot there

Souey lad has nailed it here. Both sides can protest. It’s a democracy.

When asked about the abuse suffered by McClean, Rangers and Scotland legend Souness told talkSPORT: “We live in a democracy. If he’s beeing booed at a football game, or things are being sung about him, that’s not nice.

“It’s not nice for his wife or his kid. It is totally wrong that him and his family are being threatened.

“That’s abhorent. But it will just be keyboard warriors and village idiots.

“But you also have to understand that 10,000 Irish soldiers lost their lives in the Second World War – and I think it’s right we remember them.

“You know what side of the fence I’m on. I managed a Protestant institution in Glasgow Rangers and we were royalists.

“Going back a month, there was a small element at several football grounds up and down the country that rejoiced in the death of our Queen. That’s unacceptable.

“There is nothing the FA can do about that, but that happened. So James has to get on with it.

“It is very much his right to choose to go down that road, but I’m afraid this will not go away for him.

“It will be an annual thing he has to take on the chin because he has chosen to go down that road.”

the kid needs to accept the death threats because irish soldiers fought in ww2

perfectly normal

5 Likes

Souey lad didn’t say that.

He called it abhorrent.

Of course it’s acceptable to send him death threats. Shur Boro TV see no issue with this video from a few years ago. The state of their fans. Smackheads.

Footballers regularly receive death threats.

Evan Dejan Lovren lad received death threats.

A lot of football fans are idiots.

Even lads playing for the LOL receive them Ffs sake

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/soccer-news/league-ireland-striker-receives-death-27758605.amp

Social media saves them having to cut up and glue letters from magazines and post them

1 Like

How many times have you threatened to gut poor @Mac ?

2 Likes

Football fans are idiots.

ADMINS???

hehe, true

Just get on with it.

always liked souness

10 Likes

Very sensible comments there; I was nodding along in agreement

1 Like

Lovely bit of humility.

@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy always has his finger on the pulse

You wont go wrong if you follow him blindly.

2 Likes

Except his anti Klopp / Liverpool sentiment… Youre not wrong there

Keano probably had a word with him. I thought he was a “hun bastard” to many on this forum. They’d lick his hole if he turned up in their local pub for a pint.

would they?