Great Gigs & Live Bands

Whatever faggy.

Rush are just unreal. Awesome gig last night. Surprising appearance by Paul Rudd and Jason Siegel at the end.

Went to see Janelle Monáe in the Savoy in Cork last night. Unbelieveable gig, very very good. Highly recommend seeing her. Saw highlights of her performing at Glastonbury and thought to myself she’s got a bit of something, then tickets were available for last nights performance and glad we went in to see her.

Just booked Whipping Boy there in the Academy on Saturday, 17th September,

:lol: :clap:

Really looking forward to current best metal band in the world Mastodon in the Academy in July

Van Morrison in Marlay Park in August. Not sure what to do about this one. He’s one of the few remaining elderly artists I love that I’ve yet to see live.

Tickets got for Mastodon on the Wednesday and the Stone Roses on the Thursday. What a week that’s going to be. Denim jacket coming out of the wardrobe big time in July.

[quote=“Fagan ODowd, post: 130019”]
Really looking forward to current best metal band in the world Mastodon in the Academy in July
[/quote]Fuckit. This has been cancelled. Gutted.

No harm done. You’re too old for a metal band anyway.

I hope I don’t go to the grave having seen Mastodon live only the once.

Where and when did you first see them?

Marlay Park three or four years ago playing on an astounding bill with Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold and Alice in Chains.

I saw The War on Drugs last weekend at EP and I still can’t stop thinking about it. They were fucking class. In a tent with a highly charged boozed up crowd who were up for it as songs like Red Eyes and Under The Pressure built up to crescendos. Ears ringing at the end. Can’t beat it!!

1 Like

Best band in the world.

1 Like

Getting to really like them but the singer is either trying to sound like Mike Scott or by some freak of nature has the same voice. Lost in a Dream sounds like it as left off Fishermans Blues.
Off the top of my head:
5. Sineid on I do not want tour 1991
4. Van the man at the Masonic SF 1994. Same concert series as the live anbum. Absolutely spectacular band and guests. I was so stoned he was about 5 minutes into an elongated Moondance before I recognized it.
3. Radiohead Shoreline HTTT tour 2004 I think
2. Sigur Ros Bill Graham a few years ago

1. Outside Lands 3 years ago, Arctic Monkeys followed by the Black Keys followed by Muse. Had a few drinks with some lads from Ohio during BKs and convinced them to wait for Muse. They hadn’t heard of them but gave me the thumbs up later.

Brandon knocking it out of the park in the 3 Arena

Top gigs of 2017 so far

Aphex Twin
Kamasi Washington
Sunno))))
Hans Zimmer
Seamus Fogarty
Kraftwerk
George Clinton
Bad Bad not Good
Snarky Puppy
The Comet is Coming

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be mad into music or concerts to be honest but that was brilliant last night. Really enjoyed it.

New New Order Live album out. This is synth-tastic.