Great Gigs & Live Bands

saw them in oxegen ( :clap: ) the year bowie was to headline but had heart surgery and was replaced with the fucking darkness :angry:

1 Like

I’ve a 12 pack Kinnegar mix here within 12 foot of me and its diminishing nicely

3 Likes

I’d go back to 1997 in a heartbeat, even if Clare did beat us in the semifinals.

1 Like

I peaked in 98

Grand image of @Locke crowd surfing to the Stereophonics in his West Ham jersey there

3 Likes

In 1998 I was having drinking sessions with Hughie Emerson, I was well on the way down at that stage. Spiralling you’d have to say.

2 Likes

It weaaaaaaaarrrrrs her out

1 Like

A trip to A&E in New Jersey in 98 put a halt to my spiral, that and a few failed exams

2 Likes

Radiohead cheers me up.

:man_shrugging:

Rows of houses… A master piece

@Tassotti would you ever throw on a bit of Radiohead on the ultra running trails?

Cc @caulifloweredneanderthal

one way to have a nice day

Fuck off Blur

1 Like

Look at Alburn the little cunt

1 Like

I like techno or the likes of Iron Maiden when things starting getting tough, I was coming up over the South Downs at around 4am a few years ago in an ultra which I was doing for charity, the stage where my mind and body was destroyed after 70 miles, it was the middle of June and sweltering, the sun starting coming up and I barely had to capacity to function,I had the earphones on and Underworld “rez” came on, i immediately had a very serious spiritual moment

7 Likes

This surprised me. Any change since?

Gigs were a massive part of my life from late teens to late twenties, and still for a number of years after.

In early 20s, I would frequently do 2/3 smaller gigs a week (on locally, probably DIY), and at least two weekends a month the car would be turned for Dublin or Cork or Galway for a show.

2 Likes

I’ve only started listening to music occasionally on runs lately but not on trails.

This is on my imaginatively entitled ‘Run’ playlist

2 Likes

I find this mighty for allowing the mind to rule the body.

BBC4 NOW!

1 Like

Great rhythm to that track, I can see how it would work while running.