Great Gigs & Live Bands

Ah lads, look at this :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’m not good at much but I can put a fucking solid playlist together. Goes back to the days of making tapes and CDs for lasses.

2 Likes

You’d imagine the lack of crowd shots here might be deliberate

1 Like

I appreciate the music but never took yokes so wouldn’t get that side of it.

I never get the music going on until the end, “Born in the USA” live is my go to tune for maximum exhilaration. I did a race last year in October which was 50 miler over the south downs, I was roaring it out loud for the last 20 minutes singing along on a constant loop

3 Likes

There is an old famine village in the field beside the house here. I’ve this up so loud I’d say I’ve awoken them

1 Like

The rest of the Underworld set was interesting I’d say. A few thousand lads knawing the ears off themselves just waiting for one song roaring at them to play their fucking song and fuck off

2 Likes

What was the name of the band who sang “You’re Gorgeous”? The lead signer complained they used to get that the whole time.

Baby bird or something. Some lad who looked like he loved himself anyway

2 Likes

Stipe is up and running in BBC2

From Underworld to Tony Bennett - that’d be some trip alright

1 Like

I’d say Stipe is a tortured individual.

2 Likes

he’s mentally ill. I was listening to a very interesting conversation on BBC world news during he week, he’s living in Berlin now and can’t get his head around the situation in America now

2 Likes

Most gifted singers are likely tortured in some way or another

McGowan
Luke Kelly
Sinead

1 Like

He was very happy to say that he’s greatest achievement with REM was having the hit of the summer with “losing my religion” Didn’t they play Slane?

1 Like

They did in 1995 or 1996 I think

Ah yes Spiritualised - belter of a tune

1 Like

another fascinating thing he said, was he loves his singing voice, but hates listening to himself talking

1 Like

1995, I was there. Oasis supported them.

2 Likes

I only got to see REM once in Marlay Park in 03 I think it was. We got well on in town beforehand and my lasting memory of the gig is a bunch of posh mid 40ish southsiders fucking me out of it telling me they came to hear Michael Stipe sing and not me

3 Likes