Great Irish Music

Not long now…

Possibly. But every time I hear them I think I’d rather listen to Whipping Boy. Hard to know of any other decent new Irish bands though. Bleeding Heart Pigeons and Windings are good, but hardly new bands.

Hard work this but we got there. Gentlemen I give you Hot Rocks 2020. It;s the type of video you make when you spend too much time on TFK during a lockdown and theres no hurling on

2 Likes

Limerick! Limerick! Limerick!

Windings on the go 15+ years now!

There’s an awful lot of flash music around. Trendy, looks good, sounds trendy, but when you dig a bit deeper, there’s nothing much going on. There’s some wan from Cork who was on the LLS a few months back or was it Tommy Tiernan. Sounded EXACTLY the same as Florence and the Machine. I don’t know how a promoter doesn’t take that into account?? It was the same with The Minutes. EXACTLY the same as Black Rebel Motorcycle Club…

You mean The Jesus and Mary Chain right?

Touché

It’s all flash, no substance… Lads like @Turenne lap it up tho, and then quickly move on to the next shiny thing.

This was good

1 Like

It may change your life

Getting a nice bit of blowback off this one

Well you’re not singing on it, which helps.

2 Likes

he needs to change his false teeth.

2 Likes

Agreed. I have a backup singer for the rest of the songs too which makes them vaguely bareable.

1 Like

Sort your heads out Limerick lads and give this man all the fucking support you can, best thing Ireland has right now

1 Like

Is Paddy doing his own thing now or is he still with Johanna ?

There’s a piece on Whipping Boy at 10pm on 2FM

Some gems on there