Great things about Covid 19

And the point keeps being illustrated beautifully. They can’t help themselves.

The best thing about Covid 19: Aston Villa will avoid relegation.

1 Like

An interesting experiment would be to ask Liverpool legend and Rangers manager Steven Gerrard if leagues should be declared null and void if all the games can’t be completed.

13 Likes

Liverpool should be given a replica Premier League trophy, about 75% of its regular size. Maybe have the crown and one handle missing too.

It should be presented to them over Skype also, in line with health guidelines.

3 Likes

If they had won the five points they’d dropped all season, city could still object as they could win their last ten to level it up.

As one of the biggest Footixs here, I really couldn’t give a shit if Liverpool are awarded this title or not. In a sporting sense, it would seem hollow for them to win it without actually mathematically doing it. In another sense, what does it really matter when thousands are dying round the world ?

3 Likes

As a die-hard footix, I think the idea of Liverpool not being awarded the title is a complete disgrace. They are clearly the champions.

But at the other end of the table there’s all to play for. Loads of games left and Villa have a game in hand which would put them above the relegation zone if they win it. So I dont know what they could do.

1 Like

Exactly, you can’t pick and choose what happens to certain clubs.

A one size fits all approach is the only logical decision.

Cancel all European football leagues, declare them null and void and start next season from scratch when the authorities say it is safe to do so.

Tough on Liverpool Football Club but I assume they’d take the news with the grace that club is noted for.

This thread is in terrible taste.

6 Likes

Says the lad with a forecourt full of hearses

1 Like

They were in terrible form and have been knocked out of the FA Cup and CL in quick succession. They looked dead on their feet and mentally shattered leaving the pitch after being bate out the gate by Atleti so it’s not too far fetched to suggest that they could have lost nearly every game for the remainder of the season.

4 Likes

Great to see where people’s minds are at.

We are living in a time mass illness. This thread is a safe place for some lads to self-isolate.

We’re on the verge of an unprecedented country lockdown and a catastrophic global recession and the lads are still obsessed with Liverpool Football club. I never thought it was this bad

1 Like

:joy:

1 Like

All Easter eggs half price in the loop. Chocolate and other perishables being practically given away (cc @Bandage).

I treatedthe remaining non-self-isolationing members of my team to a mountain of sweets yesterday and it barely cost a fiver

1 Like

What brand/size easter eggs were they? I got 5 Cadburys Eggs for a fiver a few days ago in Tesco.

Butlers, Lily O’Briens, Guinness/Baileys

I’ll stick to my Cadbury’s buttons.

The fish can be seen in Venice again, the birds are singing in China.

But the Greens would tell you it was all the farmers all along :man_shrugging:

4 Likes