Great things about Covid 19

Fuck off out the back and plant some lettuce on your window sill

Fake news.

The boats cause sediment to rise from the bed of the canal which clouds the water which obstructs the view.

So the fish can’t be seen?

1 Like

Any news on the rise or fall of global temperature? We’ll get to find out if air pollution causes temperature rises.

Covid19 will end up saving more lives than it costs.

Heart attacks have plummeted because people are busting their bollocks on the hamster-wheel at work, doing shit that never really mattered anyway.
Pneumonia cases are down because the air isn’t full of the car fumes of trapped souls, forcing their way through the constipated rat race.
Best of all, people are being forced to look at themselves in the mirror. Who am I when I am deprived of the opioids of consumerism? Who are my family? Who cares about me enough to keep in touch and who doesn’t?

People hate horse-racing.

It’s a golden age.

6 Likes

The only real question is whether we release the horses back into the wild or use them for meat

3 Likes

Putting on a face mask and gloves and charging around the supermarket one way system. Not stopping to talk to anyone. :+1::+1:

1 Like

“Lovely stretch in the evenings.”
“Who gives a fuck, give me my things.”

Huh?

As the common land grass is left untrimmed there’s a beautiful sight of daisies and dandelions everywhere you go today, could be a mini boost for our pollinators

6 Likes

There’s an odd sense of community around the place even though everyone one is social distancing

1 Like

Listening to The Clash at 00.18 and not caring.

Most people are more polite.
My alcohol intake has reduced, and I’m largely drinking low alcohol (2-2.8%) organic craft lager now.
Even half a bottle of good red seems a bit too much.

The “Condolences” section of RIP. ie has grown expotentionally as the crisis drags on and people die unfortunately. I don’t think they engage a proof-reader as somebody I know implored God to welcome poor oul’ Tommy’s sole.

1 Like

Much hay for sale?

Colm O’Rourke’s brother Fergus died about 5 years ago and the notice concluded with that very comment on day 1. I thought it was witty but it wasn’t there the 2nd.day.

We don’t all share the one ideas I guess.

1 Like

In isolation last night I chanced dipping bacon fries in chicken liver pâté, it was outstanding

2 Likes

Not sure it’s been posted anywhere but PressReader app is free to anyone with a Library card currently.

I spent all day yesterday drinking gay beer by the Grand Canal, chatting with mates that I hadn’t seen in a long time and watching the beautiful women go by, every one if them horny and flaunting it. It was one of the special sunny days when an Irishman gets a vague sense that he’s in a foreign country. The canal has cleaned up remarkably during lockdown. There are no cans in it and you can see the bottom very clearly. I had Umi Falafel delivered to the canal for lunch and Bunsen Burger delivered for tea. I got nicely drunk and sunburned.

What would I have been doing without Covid19? I’d have spent the day stuck in the office. I wouldnt even know if it was sunny or raining and I’d be stressed and unhappy. Long may this virus continue.

4 Likes

Interesting, but not sustainable.