Greatest Hurling Match of All-Time?

A new contender today.

Are you high?

Don’t know about the best match of all time, possibly the best All Ireland final though, most exciting I’ve watched anyway.

Most exciting? Probably. Kilkenny and Galway in the drawn game was very tense and exciting last year too.

Wouldn’t say the best ever, Waterford v Cork in 2004 Munster final was probably a higher standard and just as exciting as today.

I’m on an emotional high after watching that, yes.

This rivals 1997 for the best AI final… 97 still shades it.

[quote=“dodgy-keeper, post: 828274, member: 1552”]Most exciting? Probably. Kilkenny and Galway was very tense and exciting last year too.

Wouldn’t say the best ever, Waterford v Cork in 2004 Munster final was probably a higher standard and just as exciting as today.[/quote]
Waterford v Cork 2004 wasn’t knock-out.

Today was on the ultimate stage.

Even the great All-Irelands of the past such as 1990, 2009 and 2010 didn’t have hat kind of drama. 1997 was the only one that rivalled it in terms of a finish but the drama today flowed throughout the second half, not just in the last five minutes, and it went right to the last ball.

Today was comfortably superior.

Nah. Cork were shit for a start.

Very average game for 55 minutes. As Turenne said Cork were awful.

Best second half to a game maybe but no where near the best game ever. The first half was uninspiring to be honest.

Yeah but it was more than made up for. Maybe not the best match but possibly the best final.

The '73 final was the best final ever, mate. Monsoon rain and the plucky underdogs shocking the raging hot favourites. :wink:

Best hurling matches I was ever at:

1. Waterford v Cork 2004.
  2. KK v Tipp 2009
  3. Tipp v KK 2010

Today’s game up there for excitement but nowhere near in terms of quality imo apart from individual brilliance of some of the Clare forwards.

[quote=“Horsebox, post: 828417, member: 1537”]Best hurling matches I was ever at:

1. Waterford v Cork 2004.
  2. KK v Tipp 2009
  3. Tipp v KK 2010

Today’s game up there for excitement but nowhere near in terms of quality imo apart from individual brilliance of some of the Clare forwards.[/quote]
Limerick v Tipp 2007 x3.

Nah. :wink:

KK ant Tipp 09.

That was poor enough today

Similar to last week’s match between Dublin and Kerry, you’ll have people trying to pick holes in today’s match, but I really don’t know what people are looking for in terms of quality. The points by Collins, Conor Ryan and O’Donovan were three of the best ever scored in All-Ireland finals. Horgan’s for the lead was a really great score too, Cronin’s goal ice-cold.

Clare scored 25 times and only drew. That’s an average of a score less than every three minutes. Great matches require great drama and the drama today was greater than in any All-Ireland final I remember or know of before I was around.

[quote=“Sidney, post: 828444, member: 183”]Similar to last week’s match between Dublin and Kerry, you’ll have people trying to pick holes in today’s match, but I really don’t know what people are looking for in terms of quality. The points by Collins, Conor Ryan and O’Donovan were three of the best ever scored in All-Ireland finals. Horgan’s for the lead was a really great score too, Cronin’s goal ice-cold.

Clare scored 25 times and only drew. That’s an average of a score less than every three minutes. Great matches require great drama and the drama today was greater than in any All-Ireland final I remember or know of before I was around.[/quote]
I’m convinced.

I don’t think so. The first half wasn’t particularly outstanding. Very disjointed with a shit load of petty fouling.

Excellent last 15 minutes but let’s not judge the entire game based on that.