Greatest Hurling Match of All-Time?

Fitz got 2-1 in a Final, but always looked a useless fucker beside the other 2.

He looked like a young fella you would just put into a corner. And the Ring-like goal celebration.

His goal in '86 was magnificent. The one in '90 was in the first minute, pulled on a ball straight to the net. It was too fast for the camera.

My favourite Hennessy goal was the one he got from an impossible angle against Tipperary in the 1991 Munster Final replay in Thurles.

He had a great eye for a goal. Scored goals in Cork’s three All Ireland wins in 1984, 86, & 90.

Tony Doran wasn’t fat FFS.

You forgot Billy Byrne though.

1984 Munster Hurling Final, 87 draw and replay and 91 replays were all better games than yesterday with as much drama.
The 1987 Tipperary u14 rural final is a personal favourite of mine.

[quote=“Mullach Ide, post: 829240, member: 141”]1984 Munster Hurling Final, 87 draw and replay and 91 replays were all better games than yesterday with as much drama.
The 1987 Tipperary u14 rural final is a personal favourite of mine.[/quote]

arent all stick hurling games rural mate?

Yes pal stick stick is a rural pursuit.

I thought it was a lot like the 97 final, except that we were on top in the first half as well whereas Tipp had a great first half in that game. Dominating the game but caught for goals against the run of play and running it very close in the end. Even the final scores were similar.

The fact that we got the equaliser at all is still pretty amazing. You almost never see a team get the equaliser in those circumstances. To control possession from a long puckout and work a scoring chance, when all the other team has to do is get one touch and the game is over, it’s rare to say the least.

[quote=“Watch The Break, post: 829467, member: 260”]I thought it was a lot like the 97 final, except that we were on top in the first half as well whereas Tipp had a great first half in that game. Dominating the game but caught for goals against the run of play and running it very close in the end. Even the final scores were similar.

The fact that we got the equaliser at all is still pretty amazing. You almost never see a team get the equaliser in those circumstances. To control possession from a long puckout and work a scoring chance, when all the other team has to do is get one touch and the game is over, it’s rare to say the least.[/quote]

Cork defended it very poorly, I think they felt they had it and lost the head a bit. Naughton was clearly fouled as well in that final play.

The defending of Brian Gavin on twitter is ridiculous.

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 829471, member: 273”]Cork defended it very poorly, I think they felt they had it and lost the head a bit. Naughton was clearly fouled as well in that final play.

The defending of Brian Gavin on twitter is ridiculous.[/quote]

Lehane lost Pat O’Connor on the break which is how Clare got the chance.

Both cork forwards , Lehane and DoD marker (Moylan ?) went MIA. Unbelievable lack of composure from Cork, hitting the sideline out of play to give Clare the puckout and then neglecting to follow the 2 Clare lads up the field when all they had to do was clutter up and defend the puck out…they’ll pay a big price for it

A new generation of delusional Clare men with serious notions of themselves, only this time try haven’t even win anything yet.

It is pretty delusional for Clare to think they have the beating of Cork, regardless of them being the better team on Sunday. Insisting that Cork will win pulling up on the basis of proprioceptory superiority is probably the most rational position.

No, ye are pretty good, but ye think ye are amazing and are carrying on like ye won the game by 15 points. It’s hilarious. Ye seem to politely ignore being tore apart for goals, not being able to pull away while on top etc etc. a few Clare players played their best games arguably ever. There is no guarantee they will be able to replicate that.

:clap:

Is that even a word :smiley:

Is that even a word :D[/quote]

No it’s two words you dumb cunt.

Is that even a word :D[/quote]
It is, but prioperceptory is not.

they have won a damn sight more than their cork counterparts. explained by better proprioceptory awareness at u21 and minor levels. no doubt corks advanced proprioceptory training techniques have since closed the gap enabling greater goal scoring opportunities by correctly using the proprioceptory trained eye muscles to quickly identify the keepers hurl position to enable a weak shot to pass unhindered

I don’t think it was a weak shot and if it was it was Clare’s shite goalie that allowed it to pass unhindered.