Greatest live performances

Metallica in their heyday were a Tour de France and this performance in front of 1.5 Million stone-mad Russians must rank among their best.

Sadly, they haven’t been the same force since Hetfield blew out his voice around the time of the Black album. Jason Newsted was also a big loss to their live shows, he was a great presence on stage. I’ve seen them a few times over the years but not going to Slane today…If they were the same band today as the one below, nothing would keep me away.

2 Likes

To be fair to the ould cunts, that was nearly 30 years ago. It would be like asking Gerry Mac play in tomorrows game in Nowlan Park.

1 Like

The only difference being that there’s absolutely nothing in this world that would stop me from going to see Gerry Mc playing for Galway tomorrow!

2 Likes
3 Likes

Why has Marty put yer mans phone number up there😁

Eh, thats Marty’s shows whatsapp mate.

1 Like

Fair enough,cant say ive ever texed him

1 Like

:fire: :fire: :fire:

Pink is some detail

1 Like

Unreal.

I remember she sang ‘Try’ on the X Factor about 10 years ago and it was incredible.

My Mrs went to see her in MSG around 09 and said it was the best concert she was ever at.

1 Like

Maxi Jazz and Faithless at Glastonbury 1998 :clap:

2 Likes

We’re over in the live gigs thread mate

1 Like

the lads up the front were well up for it that night, proper pill taking

4 Likes
2 Likes

Maxi was so trollied on yolks he could even finish singing the second half of insomnia :rofl:

1 Like

Great times. Lads in high vizes chewing the Jaws off themselves in the middle of a meadow and they paying homage to a black lad in a sharp suit on pills

3 Likes