Green Shoots - How Michael Noonan ended the recession

there will be war in Galway if 10 clubs lose their pitches

Ya, huge factor. No extremes in temperature saves them a fortune in cooling/heating systems, along with usual reasons why Ireland is attractive to US Multinationals.

there’s always war in galway

Could we put hurling pitches on the roof of these data centres?

Are they worth much to us though? I just saw a reference to construction jobs in the news story I saw earlier, didn’t see a mention of jobs once up and running. I presume they wouldn’t need many lads to keep them ticking over?

No, that’s the thing, you’ll obviously have a team of tech and facilities staff but that will be it.

Fuck sake, they look like losing a racecourse and cant get energised to do anything about it. Joe Connolly saved Connacht rugby and they have given up since, sated by success in the Magners League.

Will this be like Tyco Electronics Admin. A few lads with fuck all to do all day and a whole internet out there waiting for them.

They reckoned about 50 fulltime staff.

Any idea what the tax take (if any) will be?

I heard that on the radio about them cancelling the Galway races depending on the new ring road lay out.

that would be a massive hit to Galway and irish racing while construction takesplace

[QUOTE=“The Big Cheese, post: 1096599, member: 1137”]I heard that on the radio about them cancelling the Galway races depending on the new ring road lay out.

that would be a massive hit to Galway and irish racing while construction takesplace[/QUOTE]

Really? Would it? :rolleyes:

Christ, you are a right B-Snatch today.

Someone give him a Snickers

[QUOTE=“The Big Cheese, post: 1096599, member: 1137”]I heard that on the radio about them cancelling the Galway races depending on the new ring road lay out.

that would be a massive hit to Galway and irish racing while construction takesplace[/QUOTE]
only mugs drive to the races

us movers and shakers chopper in and out ffs sake

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 1096604, member: 2272”]only mugs drive to the races

us movers and shakers chopper in and out ffs sake[/QUOTE]

kinda hard to have a race meeting in a track which is dug up to facilitate a tunnel 50 feet below it

Do you need to actually have horses racing though when you are in the champagne tent?

Note: In the ‘most likely route’ they will be tunneling under the racecourse.

I assume with Apples track record coupled with Ireland’s high suicide rate as standard there should be a safety net fitted around the perimeter of the roof area?

Enda paying them I suspect.

we’ve come a long way from economic Armageddon in 2009 when we are querying if 300 construction jobs for an €850m project and the related local service supplier jobs, income for shops, bars, restaurants, utility income, 50(?) ongoing jobs is really worth having it all

Not really relevant here but I read a good story about when Google first started buying started buying data center space in Ireland. They were notoriously tough negotiators and bankrupted a few datacenters in Silicone Valley by exploiting their pricing models. Anyways they got the 3 main data center guys in ireland on a conference call and initiated a bidding war where the data centers were under cutting each other to try and land the prestigious Google contract. When the data centers could go no lower on their pricing, Google said thank you very much, we in fact need all the space we can get so we’ll take all available space in the 3 of them at the lowest prices quoted.