Green Shoots - How Michael Noonan ended the recession

this forum is officially past its sell by date

FFS Sake

200 Jobs during construction, 100 once it’s up and running.

Its been killing the lads to have to talk about it and not credit Enda these past few pages.

What would you expect from a shower of Fianna Fail yokels? Half of them letting on to be Shinners.

Credit Enda for us having a mild temperate climate?

Athenry ffs. They couldn’t bring it down to north Munster and service Clare/Limerick/Tipp. We’re living on nothing but olives and Italian cheese down this way, we need saving.

With the new motorway from Gort to Tuam you could be in Athenry in less than 50 minutes from the tunnell in Limerick.

I assume Apple have tested the broadband around Athenry?
My cousin gets 5mbs off a meteor dongle down there so it will probably suffice but I wouldnt be taking any chance when its a data centre thats in question.

· Employment up 29,100 in the year to 1,938,900
· Employment up in eleven of the fourteen economic sectors over the year
· Employment up 9,700 in the quarter on a seasonally-adjusted basis
· Unemployment down 39,600 in the year to 213,600
· Monthly unemployment rate set to be back in single digits by May

[QUOTE=“Julio Geordio, post: 1097742, member: 332”]· Employment up 29,100 in the year to 1,938,900
· Monthly unemployment rate set to be back in single digits by May[/QUOTE]
We are Premier League, say we are Premier League!

[QUOTE=“Julio Geordio, post: 1097742, member: 332”]· Employment up 29,100 in the year to 1,938,900
· Monthly unemployment rate set to be back in single digits by May[/QUOTE]
Hon ta fook Enda :clap: #4moreyears

Last year on Good Friday the Ms was pregnant so went to bed early. I decided to stroll across to the local hotel to see if I could get a pint, I got in no bother and had a couple of Guinness. There were about 10 others there, six or so were in one group of golfers staying in the hotel.

Yesterday around 7pm I suggested to the Ms we’d go over and get some food and of course I could have a pint. Now granted last year I went over later but yesterday the place was mental. Between some kids club, other guests and people like ourselves going for grub it was chaos. We had to put our name down on a list for a table for grub, the bar was packed and there were people milling all around the foyer.

The recession is well and truly over.

Good early walk around the streets of Galway about an hour ago… Nice and quiet. Place is thronged now.

What you do see at that hour of the morning though is those that fell through the cracks. Being cleared away from their overnight sleeping spots. Still plenty of them around and a green shoot means fuck all to them. Poor bastards.

[QUOTE=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 1117771, member: 686”]Good early walk around the streets of Galway about an hour ago… Nice and quiet. Place is thronged now.

What you do see at that hour of the morning though is those that fell through the cracks. Being cleared away from their overnight sleeping spots. Still plenty of them around and a green shoot means fuck all to them. Poor bastards.[/QUOTE]

Big issue in Dublin too. Awful to see.

1 Like

The numbers attending and money being spent at Taste of Dublin over the weekend was insane. Punters paying 7/8 lids for a few small scraps of overdone beef and 4 chips.

Also a large amount of asset management firms in London are already gearing up for moves to Dublin due to fears over Brexit. If @Tassotti’s heroes pull the plug, expect to see a large chunk of the City move en masse to the Docklands which will result in rise in jobs in financial sector and associated spending.

Hon Eire.

Looking at buying a new car. Was in a dealership on Saturday and there were 8 people ahead of me - was told to ring for an appointment !

We’ll walk down Noonan Boulevard towards the Liffey soon.

[QUOTE=“Spidey, post: 1159379, member: 289”]The numbers attending and money being spent at Taste of Dublin over the weekend was insane. Punters paying 7/8 lids for a few small scraps of overdone beef and 4 chips.

Also a large amount of asset management firms in London are already gearing up for moves to Dublin due to fears over Brexit. If @Tassotti’s heroes pull the plug, expect to see a large chunk of the City move en masse to the Docklands which will result in rise in jobs in financial sector and associated spending.

Hon Eire.[/QUOTE]
London is the financial capital of the world mate, for fuck sake you micks don’t even have decent INTERNET speed yet or even a rail link to the airport and you think firms are going to relocate to Dublin? :D:D

They’ve already started mate - Credit Suisse moving a chunk over.

1 Like

#businessmen don’t need a rail link to the Docklands you imbecile. They’d be in the Docklands from the arrivals hall in 15 mins through the Port Tunnel. You wouldn’t get from arrivals in any London airport to the city in that time.

And London is not the capital of anything anymore. It ain’t 1810 tosspotti

But we’re great craic.