Green Shoots - How Michael Noonan ended the recession

That’s only four and a half hours ago. I haven’t seen anything on the news this evening that indicates that anything has changed in regard to London’s capital status in that time.

Dun do bheal

I see a property owned by Aviva on the corner of Dawson and Nassau Street sold for €90m yesterday, €40m above the guide price. Exchequer returns today exceeded expectations too.

3 Likes

Time for a new thread title. The recessions is well over

The recession is over for the most part pal, but we need as country to start building again, there has been fuck all units built now in 8 years, construction industry would bring us on even further. I know there’s a bit going on in Dublin but houses need to be built across the country now.

Yes, if there’s one thing this country needs to help the recovery from a burst property boom its more building

4 Likes

Yes, if there’s one thing this country needs to help the recovery from a burst property boom its more building
[/quote]

So your saying you want a rental boom instead pal for landlords? we’re not going to see a property boom like we did due to the new restrictions on first time buyers, not a hope of it.

I have a daft alert set up for new rental properties in my area. I’m a bit shocked at the level of increase in asking prices the last few months.

Where did I mention a rental boom?

The restrictions aren’t worth the paper they’re written on. Banks are already flouting them. And first time buyers weren’t the problem last time either.

Building has to start again pal, sooner rather then later.

People are out working again now for the most part and need houses, renting is grand when your younger don’t have any kids etc but in this country you’ve zero rights in a rental property in comparison to say Germany were it’s the norm for a decent percentage of the population (who have long term leases).

What about all the empty houses that were never sold the last time? Why not use those?

To quote a well known poster, this *fella just doesn’t get it. *

That’s a cop-out pal. most of those empty houses are miles from anywhere, the ones that are left anyway or in my native Limerick are in unliveable areas unless your a native.

What about all the empty houses that were never sold the last time? Why not use those?
[/quote]

Pure white privilege… Rape culture everywhere.

It’s great isn’t it.

2 Likes

Ah yeah, it’s the only way really.

1 Like

Is there any doubt that Kaiser Noonan is the greatest ever Irishman. He is our Moses.

2 Likes

The greatest of all.

Right, so if there was nowhere better to build them the last time what makes you think there’s better places to build them now?

If he can keep the darkies out while we keep rebuilding he will go down as the greatest Irishman ever.