Halcyon days

Nantucket summer 2002

Naddy ice, red bull haze, prime of life athletically cutting lawns for 60 hours a week and caddying pulling in 1500 dollars a week twas hardly enough to stay going, 30 hours sleep a week, living in a tenement with a load of dubs from the marnock (cc @Juhniallio )

Just heard Can’t stop by RHCP there and it brought it all back. What a summer. Id die now if I put down one of those weeks let alone 15 consecutive ones

21 Likes

You don’t realise it at the time when you’re having the time of your life.I had a savage time in London Sydney Perth and NY from 97 to 09 before I had to settle down.Plenty of money and plenty of good times,no responsibility.Great days.

6 Likes

Roy Curtis - esque

2 Likes

Prick

1 Like

Wowza

1 Like

Take that as a compliment

2 Likes

I did. Nicest thing anyone has ever said to me

2 Likes

This is where we lived…500m into a forest off the road …25 living in a 3 story house…another 30 living in a massive barn in another clearing behind…the properties were worth well over 10m at the time but we’re in wrack and ruin even before we got at them

Id say the landlord was pulling 5k a week from our house

3 Likes

How many cans deep are you presently?

2 Likes

Zero. I gave up drinking at home as a new year’s resolution. At a reflective age unfortunately

1 Like

Nothing unfortunate about it.

1 Like

What brought you to Nantucket of all places? Most lads going to the US back then not long after the leaving I guess and to earn summer money would end up in NY city, Boston city or California I’d have thought.

I never did a stint in America but served my time abroad in the UK. I reckon it’s a great right of passage to spend a few years abroad on your own to toughen you up. I was only talking about it lately to a very successful man in his career and he said the time he spent in England (six years) as a young man made him.

2 Likes

Greatest days of my life were Sunday night in the lodge in UL.

We had some craic there and we never drank a pint in the kip. You’d be sobering up as the night went on.

We had no tinder then. #inmyday you had to go and pull a young one. And it wasn’t hard either.

Great times.

2 Likes

What a grim life you lived

10 Likes

When one of my besties put me up in Sutton Park circa 01/02, cant remember exactly.
Glory Days

Stuey says hello cc @gilgamboa
And curtis and a few othe of the boys

1 Like

Second harsh attack tonight

Very popular J1spot. Limited accomodation but savage money to be earned. Lifestyles of the rich and famous job there for the summer season and they needed dogsbodys

Stunning place

2 Likes

The boys spent the summer pining for tamangos where it might have been easier to get a woman

They gave me a good insight into the average dubs mindset at a young age though. Served me well over the years

1 Like