Harty cup and other secondary school GAA 2022-23

Inexplicable result from Midleton/Charleville. Only explanation has to be Charleville had all lads on the age and Midleton had a bunch of fourth years out there.

Thurles are faves but generally pretty windy, Nenagh guaranteed into the final now with an easy game against Charleville on the way.

Not the case. Midleton if anything had the older team.

Nenagh will be strong favourites but don’t think they will hammer Charleville.

All Midleton’s good players are 5th year. They will go very close to winning it next year.

I watched some of it . ard scoil looked well in control led by four or five points most of the time. Hospital got it back to a point but ard scoil kicked on in last 10 minutes. Those clare minors looked impressive.

Midleton had at least 5 in 6th year including their centre back is a very good player. Looking at yesterday they won’t be coming anywhere near winning it next year.

It is called heart and desire. Charleville had it in spades.

1 Like

Nenagh have an easy game v Charleville? Charleville have the best centre back in the competition in my opinion in Bill Collins and with the whole locality behind them won’t be easily beaten. Will possibly have their best forward back too.

1 Like

As I said, their best players are in 5th year.

Suppose you were writing the same shite about CCS this time last year too……

Charleville’s manager may be tied up playing for Drom-Inch vs. Wolfe Tones of Shannon in the prestigious Munster Junior B Championship in Kileedy on the same day the Harty Cup Semi Final is fixed for cc @peddlerscross

2 Likes

Charleville have about 200 students, what the fuck are Nenagh at if they can’t beat them ffs.

Charleville apparently only had 5 6th years starting yesterday.

1 Like

Is that one of the Butler’s? Kevin?

Yeah that’s him

1 Like

Dunne and Bresnan, 2 of the best players on the pitch for Charleville are both in 5th year.

1 Like

They usually perform over their weight in schools. They have done for the bones of a decade now in fairness. They won a White Cup (Munster u15 A) around 10 years ago if I remember.

Tulla had a school population of what size when they won it?

It can be done but Nenagh will be hot favourites.

They have already played each other this year in the groups and Nenagh won by just 4 points.

1 Like

Hon Thurles

Is he the full forward, doing all the damage? Called unto the tipp senior squad?

Hardly any eqsy game now… should be 2 great semis