Has anyone played soccer in scumhole council estates?

If he had access to a pharmacy ran by a few friends he’d probably make a lions tour.

2 Likes

If they played 100 rounds id say the average gap would be even bigger

Around 1% of all golfers in the world, amateur and professional ever reach scratch. You need to be incredibly talented.

To go an make a career in the pro game, you have to be elite and you have to be a single minded animal

Wow. That’s an outrageous level to get to

Yeah. And massively skewed even by the handicapping system in the US

Yeah. I used have some amount of fancy golf gear when I was a youngun!

That will be normalised this year with the world handicap system.

1 Like

I can’t believe it’s that high. How many in Ireland?

I have no idea mate. It’s harder in Ireland though to reach scratch because of the current handicap system. I’d say it’s a lot less than 1%. They’re like hens teeth

1 Like

Id say that average plays through at my local club anyway

I know loads of lads around 4 to 2. Breaking scratch requires incredible amount of time.

There’d be a good few clubs around Galway that wouldn’t have a scratch golfer as far as I know

2 Likes

When you get there you need to be very careful if you want to keep it.

Really? If the club has a senior cup team youd nearly always need one or two to compete Id say

My old man gave up golf, he got to 4 which was his plateau, couldn’t get lower and the amount of practice he had to do to maintain 4 put him off golf as it wasnt a hobby anymore for him

2 Likes

You wont find one in portumna anyway. Everyone there gets a handicap bonus.

I played a few rounds with a teaching pro. I was never overly impressed

2 Likes

What was that about. I saw an article but it didnt get into detail around the stunt they pulled

I think they got a club suspension which occurred and elapsed during the lockdown. A 2 week one. They have reached a lot of inter club finals. I think there may have been 4 in particular and they reached the finals in all 4. Not sure if the handicap secretary resigned or was thrown out.

1 Like

Snooker

1 Like