Has anyone played soccer in scumhole council estates?

Around mid nougthies. Probably not long enough for Peter Creedons influence to be felt.
Cork were kingpins around then. They went onto win 4 in a row in Munster.

1 Like

Peter Creedon was a bluffer.

Huh?

Why are you trying to conflate a manly skillfull game like hurling with some owl ball of shite like soccer where lads spend most of their time rolling around the ground pretending to be injured and the only intensity you’ll see is in the stands as the soccer scrotes ignore the “game” and sing antagonistic “songs” at each other.
Soccer me hole.

1 Like

Mate, spud hockey is a game played by a few thousand people in a couple of pockets of Oireland, soccer is played by 100s of millions of people across the globe. The difference in the level of athlete and prowess it takes to play at the highest level of both games is hard to even articulate. Exceptionally talented athletes may never even make a low level soccer team. You’re a caveman.

1 Like

Lazy owl mercenaries phoning it in for a massive wage (at the highest level). No intensity, no skill, no passion on the field, in short scutter, unwatchable scutter.

Let it in ta fook.

Tip, tap across the field a few times, balloon it wide, the % of the crowd who notice, ie those who aren’t concentrating on chanting bullshit at the opposition crowd, give the effort the clap. Rinse and repeat. Sooo boring.

You have to be from inside the pale to express that sentiment. There are plenty hurlers who could play and have played football at a high enough level (Niall Quinn played in an AI final). The reverse is simply not the case, put any level of footballer on a hurling field and they would be running home to mammy after five minutes.

2 Likes

You’re a numbers man mate, the difference in levels between soccer and hurling is astronomical. It simply can’t be compared. There are levels to sport. Hurling is a low level hobby played very few people. Soccer is one of the highest levels of sport in the world.

As a very personal slant on it, I played high enough level gaelic, intermediate 1 & 2 in Dublin for a long time, playing with and against many Dublin county players. I only played junior hurling, however I never played against anyone in hurling or football and thought fuck he is unbelievable. I’ve also played football all my life and have had school mates playing LOI and getting trials in England and typically these are lads with unreal skill levels, just playing at a level you couldn’t touch. They generally didn’t even make it past a trial in England. I’m an expat a few years now and continue to play football and regurlarly see or play against lads who are amazing athletes and football players but still wouldn’t get near low level professional football. Hurling and Gaelic are hobbies, akin to aussie rules, badminton maybe, they’re just not in the same plane as football.

3 Likes

Highest level of scutter. (I wouldn’t look over the ditch at it)

Just because a thing is endemic it doesn’t mean it’s any good. Soccer is a simple game for cowardly simpletons.

Soccer is no yardstick of skill, nor manliness

I don’t know Sid

Find me the equal of this

1 Like

The amount of people that play a sport matters mate. Hurling is a rural hobby played by a few thousand people.

Will you schtop! Any cunt with two legs and no practice and a ball can play soccer. It doesn’t matter how many there are in the world playing it.
Soccer is mere tiddlywinks by comparison to hurling.
It’s still, objectively, scutter to look at. Hurling on the other hand…

1 Like

Soccer is played over 90 minutes with 11 men on each team. For that 90 minutes you challenge for the ball with your feet and your skull.
Whatever it is, it isn’t cowardly. No sport is cowardly. Some cowards play sport. They exist in every sport.

3 Likes

Do you remember Italia 90.

Bob from Basingstoke type responses here

I do

1 Like

The essence of soccer

Distilled into a pint glass of YouTube.

Do you hear the scum chanting in the backround?